Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Build 2012 Cancellation

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    TexasToast

Anyone know if they are cancelling out of going to the Dev Conferenc Build by Friday (final day to cancel) ?    I would imagine next week a few more spots open.     I have not seen any agenda yet so I would bet a number of people cancel out this week since they needed that agenda for approval.  No guts no glory.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Good, more legroom for us Smiley

• User profile image
    TexasToast

@PaoloM:There is a waiting list for a number of people (some of who I know are on it) and I was trying to get a feel if spots would open up.   There wont be any legroom.   It will stay packed.

• User profile image
    DeathBy​VisualStudio

Build is CANCELLED!?!?!? Nooooooooo!!!!!

Oh wait... Scared

If we all believed in unicorns and fairies the world would be a better place.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    ESgarbi

, DeathBy​VisualStudio wrote

Build is CANCELLED!?!?!? Nooooooooo!!!!!

Oh wait... Scared

I must say... I kind of had the same reaction when i read the subject.

And BTW, i'm not cancelling my ticket.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Was a very, very, very bad decision to have it at Redmond. Can't be proud of selling out in an hour in such a small venues. I'd bet if they had it at Staples Center like they should have, it would have sold out in a few days. Especially with all the products in almost every product line having something new coming out.

• User profile image
    Ian2

@Harlequin:Orlando would have got my vote (not quite so far to come and cheaper flights/accommodation)

• User profile image
    figuerres

, Ian2 wrote

@Harlequin:Orlando would have got my vote (not quite so far to come and cheaper flights/accommodation)

Heck if they had picked orlando i could have drove there ..... way more possible for me to have done that....

• User profile image
    TexasToast

I get the feeling it was a last minute thing.   Too late to book a real venue for the conference.  It looks like nobody is going to cancel out.   I would think by next week they let people on the waiting list know they are officially out.   I dont see alot of people paying 1500 to 2000 dollars and then cancelling since they could substitute someone else.  Hopefully they can at least make a rough agenda by next week.   I would like to catch up with some friends at Microsoft but need to know what night to pick etc.   The other difference from last year is it looks like there is no Vendor VIP show and it will be strictly Microsoft running the show. 

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Florida during hurricane season....that's why God made Los Angeles Wink

• User profile image
    Ian2

@Harlequin:I don't know, I'd always be worrying about 'the big one' in LA. (though a bit ironic if a quake demolished 'Build')

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.