Coffeehouse Thread

29 posts

Build 2012 Hackathon

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dan

We just sent out another wave of invites for the Hackathon so hopefully a lot of you got in!

• User profile image
    OrigamiCar

Just out of interest - where are the details regarding the hackathon?

Can't find anything on the updated build site and would potentially like to sign up.

Or has signup for it finished?

Thanks.

• User profile image
    PLabar

@OrigamiCar: There was an email sent out on 10/8/12 with the subject "Plan your Build 2012 experience". It had the following sigh up link..."There's limited space, so email buildhacker@microsoft.com to reserve your spot today!" You may be able to still use that email. I used it to signed up team members and myself but have not received a confirmation one way or the other. Not too worried, figure we'll find out what the deal is on Monday.

• User profile image
    OrigamiCar

Got it - thanks PLabar.

• User profile image
    Chrissteven​81

I just got my invite to the Windows Phone Dev Dinner. at 7:30 The reception for the Hackathon starts at 6 will anyone else be leaving the reception to go to the dinner?

• User profile image
    PLabar

@Chrissteven81: Do you by chance have a Nokia Phone?

We have 7 people on the team going to //Build and the only one that got invited to the dinner has a Nokia Phone. Since the dinner is sponsered by Nokia we thought there may be a tie in. Smiley

• User profile image
    TexasToast

So I got the invite but I cannot register when I click yes so I guess it just filled up quickly?   Anyway there is still a reception at Microsoft on same night till 8 although I am sure the food is not as good.  I dont care for big long sit down dinners unless I am on a date.  Maybe Samsung offers up a dinner.  Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Nia

I participated in the //build/ hackathon 2012. All apps that won used successfully Azure mobile services and the winning Windows Phone 8 apps used NFC.
    I wrote about the whole hackathon experience at my blog http://newdigitalart.com/participating-in-the-big-build-hackathon/

• User profile image
    Richard.Hein

@Nia: Great post Nia, thanks for sharing!

• User profile image
    Freeon

@Dan, Clint and team:  Great job hosting Hackathon @ Build 2012.  This was a fantastic learning opportunity and great experience. It was great meeting you all and I hope to attend again next year.

Also a huge thank you to our mentor Hammad Rajjoub. Without his guidance we would not have been nearly as successful.  Thanks Hammad  Cool

@Nia: Great post.  This was our first time using Azure it was much easier than expected.

• User profile image
    Dan

@Freeon @Nia - Thanks again, I'm still unburying from all of the things after the event, but it was a blast. Everyone is still talking about how impressive all of the apps were. Thanks again to all of the attendees and check out the Hackathon attendee video from the finals Laura put together - http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/LauraFoy/Hackathon-Finals-BUILD-2012 

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.