Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Build 2013 Reg Re-Opened

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    svelasquez1​23

In case anyone here missed out on a spot when registration opened, looks like more spots available tomorrow (5/15/2013).

http://www.buildwindows.com/

• User profile image
    TexasToast

So what's the point of a waitlist?   I would imagine they have more spots than people waitlisted? 

• User profile image
    DeathBy​VisualStudio

@TexasToast: I hope you're right. Some suspect it has more to do with Google I/O opening on the same day.

If we all believed in unicorns and fairies the world would be a better place.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    dahat

@DeathByVisualStudio: Repeating your own conspiracy theories generally doesn't rise to the level of 'some suspect'... unless we are talking about The Stig... then we all know that "some say that the tv show 'Sixteen and Pregnant' is about him... and that his favorite color is nose"

• User profile image
    flop

Pretty bizarre. I had put my name on the wait list and didn't get any notification of it re-opening up, and I hovered on the site at 9AM and manually registered at that time. Seems like the waitlist people got hosed, because even if they notify them later and guarantee them a spot, the hotel choices will be slim. Weird.

• User profile image
    DeathBy​VisualStudio

@dahat: I suppose that TexasToast's concerns and flop's actual experience that seems to affirm those concerns was isloated case. Microsoft didn't add seats to make headlines. They added them to piss off those on the wait list. My bad.

If we all believed in unicorns and fairies the world would be a better place.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Retro​Recursion

@flop: Wow, that would upset me, too! I was able to register for Build, but the way they are handling all of this is very ugly to me. My partner and I have both seriously considered canceling our registration and getting a refund due to the way they are handling everything. No schedule yet, no indication as to what will be covered, only 2.5 days of sessions, and a registration site that doesn't work well. I've had to write and call in to their registration support multiple times now to fix issue with our registration getting lost, missing data, and duplicating because of bugs in their site.

So far the only thing they've gotten right was quickly taking our $2,200 per registration. Oh wait, I take that back. They tried to charge me twice on one of them and then threatened to cancel all my registrations if I didn't pay the duplicate. Very bad (and sad) experience thus far.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

It's just tough to justify $3500 for a two day conference =/

• User profile image
    Charles

@Harlequin: Well, it's actually a 3 day conference and registration is not $3,500. I assume you're including travel and expenses in your calculation.

C

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Including other expenses yes. But we all know how conferences work. The last day isn't a full day...most people hang around until after lunch or so then we're all on buses to the airport to catch planes, which is why I said it's really a 2 day conference. Other conferences like the PDCs were the same price and were at least a full extra days worth of sessions.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.