Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

Build Conference 2013?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • hchwa

Will there be a Build Conference this year?  With Windows Blue on the horizon (and Windows 9 following), I hope so!

• Harlequin

Most definitely. And Ballmer said it would be bigger, so I would think it would be at Staples again, like it should have been last year.

• Ian2

@Harlequin:My vote would be for Orlando - bout time the east coast got some love (and it is easier for us Brits too)

• Harlequin

Hurricane season is July to December...best not to have a conference in Florida Smiley

• Ian2

@Harlequin:Maybe it should be in London this year, plenty of space around all those empty Olympic stadiums?

• felix9

currently, the rumor says, Windows Blue Preview will be ready for TechEd North America, and RTM is for BUILD, so ......

• figuerres

, Harlequin wrote

Hurricane season is July to December...best not to have a conference in Florida Smiley

Orlando and Tampa are not generally hit with full on storms.  esp. Orlando as it's many miles inland.  the areas that get hit most often are Miami and the Keys.

mostly it would just be hot and humid with thunderstorms each day to cool it off.

normal for Florida in the summer.

• hchwa

No matter where the conference going to be, I just wish Microsoft announce it early so people who have limited budget can plan on going early and don't have to keep guessing until late in the year!

• Vaccano

@hchwa - I agree.  It is almost as if they don't want the average corporate developer to have a chance to attend.

I admit my chances would be low anyway.  But once budget is locked in, there is little that can be done even if I could convince my boss that it would add value to the company.

• DeathBy​VisualStudio

, felix9 wrote

currently, the rumor says, Windows Blue Preview will be ready for TechEd North America, and RTM is for BUILD, so ......

.... new Surface tablets for everyone at BUILD! YEAH! Smiley

• figuerres

, DeathBy​VisualStudio wrote

*snip*

.... new Surface tablets for everyone at BUILD! YEAH! Smiley

you know with the money they want for going.... I would take half off the admission and forget the hardware.... 

• felix9

Actually I'm still hoping for GoingNative2013, but seems unlikely now. Expressionless

• PopeDai

, felix9 wrote

Actually I'm still hoping for GoingNative2013, but seems unlikely now. Expressionless

There's going to be a ProfessionalBuildDeveloper'sGoingMixNativeConference 2013... to be held in 2014. I hope to see you there Smiley

• felix9

GREAT. I'll watch live streaming though Tongue Out

• MarkDeFalco

I've been asking to have a conference in Maui for 2 years now Tongue Out

• Duncanma

@MarkDeFalco: ooh, that would be nice.

• Harlequin

Just so you all know, when I go to a conference they give away diddly-cr@p.

I don't go, they hand out Windows Phone 7s. I don't go, they hand out Lenovo tablets with Windows 8 dev on it. I don't go, they hand out Surfaces and a Nokia phone.

If I do go, like PDC 2005, they hand out nothing. If I do go, like MIX '10, everyone gets a pencil set.

Just as a warning since I'm 99% sure I'll go to the BUILD 2013.

• kettch

@Harlequin: If I really had to go, I'd be tempted to go on my own dime because of the possibility of free stuff. I'm a public employee, so if they pay, any swag worth over $50(?) I have to get recorded as property of my employer, and not as a personal device.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.