Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Build Conference 2013?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ryanb

@kettch:  Could be worse.  I can't even accept anything over $50, period.  I can't accept more than one free meal.  The trip has to be approved not only from the travel budget but also by an "ethics" review board from human resources (for conflicts of interest or potential bribes), and it has to be approved by a Vice President by the second week of January for anytime in the year.  You can't just pop in a month before the event and say "I want to go".  Not that such a trip would ever be approved anyway.

If I want to go to an event like this, it is on my vacation time and on my dime.  Thank goodness for the Ch9 coverage of these events.

I don't expect there will be much swag this year anyway.  Probably just a flash drive with Windows Blue on it.

• User profile image
    Ian2

@ryanb: Reckon that Blue will be on a micro SD card plugged into a 7" Surface  .... ?

• User profile image
    ryanb

@Ian2:I would think that a Surface Phone would be more likely ... but you never know.  IMO, 7" is too small for a tablet anyway.

It wouldn't be too unthinkable to expect new phone and Xbox hardware showing off APIs that are better integrated with W8 (i.e. more merging together of the platforms).

• User profile image
    hchwa

Surface Phone could be a possibility... And what about the possibility of new Surface Pro with better battery life? I like Surface Pro, but I still wish it could be a bit thinner and has a 8+ hrs. battery life....

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.