Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Concern for Lumia920

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

Ok, this is obvious nip picking, but, you know the special Lumia 920 glove friendly touch screen? I love that, but, what if I accidentally press the power button (yes, through very strange placement of my keys) in the pocket and touch the screen through the pocket? Since it is glove friendly, that also means it can detect my finger through the pocket? Does it uses pocket sensor to deal prevent accident?

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

Doesn't WP have a "swipe to unlock" type of thing? It'd be pretty hard to do that by accident through your pocket.

• User profile image
    PeterF

The proximity sensor takes care of preventing these kind of things.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

ok cool, that solved my worries. =)

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    kettch

There's always going to be weird edge cases where something in your pocket presses a button. I took a couple pictures of the inside of my pocket once.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

I have problem with pressing the power button. It drains my battery because I pocket just keep turning on the screen. No accident. Just wasting battery.

Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.