Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Different Map on HTC Surround and Nokia 900

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

I check Lumia 900 and its Map is different than HTC Surround. What is going on? How do I know if I am really using Bing Map or not?

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    cbae

Check the OS versions.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

So, what am I trying to check? Different Mango has different Bing Map?

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    fabian

My lumia 800 comes with Nokia maps and my samsung omnia 7 comes with bing maps.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

@fabian:

is there any way to reset Lumia back to Bing Map? I have to prepare for getting my future Limia, but, I dislike feature bypass from default functions, so, I need to reset it to proper windows phone settings if possible.

Last modified
  • User profile image
    cbae

, magicalclick wrote

How do I know if I am really using Bing Map or not?

Bing Maps is called "Maps".

Nokia Maps is called "Nokia Maps".

• User profile image
    fabian

@magicalclick: I dont know. I havent looked in to it. In europe Nokia maps are truly awesome and bing maps are not.

Edit: correcting. Bing maps are not that bad. They just lack a lot of features found in nokia maps like gps, landmarks, public transport, etc

• User profile image
    fabian

When I click on the address of one of my contacts in the people hub, it loads a different map than, if i use the preinstalled map "Nokia Maps". So my best bet is that the people hub uses bing map.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

@fabian:

the strange part is, it shows up differently. I manually launch "Map" and Lumia's map is more colorful and has extra text that wasn't on my Surround Map. Also they give me different direction result, Surround wants me to go on 405 and Lumia wants me to go on 110.

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Ian2

Has anyone checked out the 3d models on Nokia maps?  It's like looking at an aerial view, then being able to fly around it.  (OK, trees not quite there yet but still awesome).  

Ups the game on Google and Bing although coverage is still quite low.

Thinks: Must check if these guys have been interviewed on CH9 ...

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.