Coffeehouse Thread

42 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Disney buys LucasFilm $4.05B, new Star Wars series

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Bass

If I lived in the Orlando area I'd definitely invest in a annual pass.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Federal antitrust regulators have cleared Disney's $4 billion deal to buy Lucasfilm, the filmmaking empire behind the "Star Wars" franchise.

Notice of the clearance was issued Tuesday.

http://bostonherald.com/business/media/view.bg?articleid=1061179461

Patent issues loom... j/k

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

@JohnAskew: The lightsabre is clearly a rip off of the glowing sword Frodo had in Lord of the Rings. I will be urging the Tolkein estate to protect their clear rights to anything of rod-like proportions that luminesces.

• User profile image
    TLapworth93

@GoddersUK: thats like when metallica tried to copyright certain musical notes. its a free flowing (and pretty damn cool) idea. Its like the angel of death, carries a flaming sword (in essence luminescent). my point is, it spoils the fun if they go around trying to sue everyone for using something similair to them.

T

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

WHAT? You're suggesting that God owns the patents on everything??? Anti-innovative lies, I tell you... Devil

• User profile image
    TLapworth93

@GoddersUK:lol. Thats not quite what i meant. I was simply using it as an example (being completly un-religious it now seems quite strange to me).

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.