Coffeehouse Thread

42 posts

Disney buys LucasFilm $4.05B, new Star Wars series

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Bass

If I lived in the Orlando area I'd definitely invest in a annual pass.

• JohnAskew

Federal antitrust regulators have cleared Disney's $4 billion deal to buy Lucasfilm, the filmmaking empire behind the "Star Wars" franchise.

Notice of the clearance was issued Tuesday.

http://bostonherald.com/business/media/view.bg?articleid=1061179461

Patent issues loom... j/k

• GoddersUK

@JohnAskew: The lightsabre is clearly a rip off of the glowing sword Frodo had in Lord of the Rings. I will be urging the Tolkein estate to protect their clear rights to anything of rod-like proportions that luminesces.

• TLapworth93

@GoddersUK: thats like when metallica tried to copyright certain musical notes. its a free flowing (and pretty damn cool) idea. Its like the angel of death, carries a flaming sword (in essence luminescent). my point is, it spoils the fun if they go around trying to sue everyone for using something similair to them.

T

• GoddersUK

WHAT? You're suggesting that God owns the patents on everything??? Anti-innovative lies, I tell you... Devil

• TLapworth93

@GoddersUK:lol. Thats not quite what i meant. I was simply using it as an example (being completly un-religious it now seems quite strange to me).

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.