Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Exercise files wont open in vs2010

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    chicago_mike

I have downloaded some excersize files from MS and some 3rd party sites for windows phone dev, but when I double click on the solution..nothing really happens..

VS does open up, but theres nothing there. And VS says things like, cannot find the files and such..

Do these files / folders need to be placed somewhere? DO I need to redownload them?

An example is the RSS feed sample app from here..It wont load anything into VS.

What am I doing wrong?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Have you inspected the 'source' of the *.sln files to ensure the paths to the *.*proj files are correct?

• User profile image
    cbae

, chicago_mike wrote

I have downloaded some excersize files from MS and some 3rd party sites for windows phone dev, but when I double click on the solution..nothing really happens..

VS does open up, but theres nothing there. And VS says things like, cannot find the files and such..

Do these files / folders need to be placed somewhere? DO I need to redownload them?

An example is the RSS feed sample app from here..It wont load anything into VS.

What am I doing wrong?

The files might be being blocked. If this is what's causing your problem, then download Streams (Sys Internals utility).

• User profile image
    Richard.Hein

, chicago_mike wrote

... VS says things like, cannot find the files and such..

That's the important bit ... give us the exact errors.  Check the event log while you are at it.  Do you have the right SDKs?  The Windows Phone 7 SDK?

• User profile image
    SimonJ

If you're using Windows 7 and downloaded a zip file, did you remember to unblock the zip file (right-click, Properties, Unblock) before you extracted the contents? If you didn't all the individual files from the zip file are blocked as potentially unsafe.

• User profile image
    cbae

, SimonJ wrote

If you're using Windows 7 and downloaded a zip file, did you remember to unblock the zip file (right-click, Properties, Unblock) before you extracted the contents? If you didn't all the individual files from the zip file are blocked as potentially unsafe.

I never remember to do that. Which is why I use Streams. Smiley

• User profile image
    chicago_mike

I'll try this.

The main noticeable thing is that no tools show up.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.