I was looking at the prices to buy Expression Studio Ultimate ( mainly for Blend ) from Microsoft Online Store .. while going thru the site, I found Expresssion Studio upgrade License (which is quite cheaper than full ).
What surprises me is the eligibility criteria mentioned
"You must be a licensed user of one of the following products to be eligible for this upgrade version:
- Any Microsoft Expression product
- Any Adobe Creative Suite product
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or later "
As I understand the above text, it means even if I own Adobe Product or VS 2005/2010, I am eligible for Expression Studio upgrade ( even though I may not have earlier version Expression Studio ). This seems bit strange.
My query is :
1. If I have a normal MSDN license (which does not include Expression Studio ) and VS 2005 / 2010 thru MSDN license, am I eligible for Expression Studio Upgrade ?
2. What if I have VS 2005/2010 independent license (non-MSDN) am I eligible for upgrade ?
3. In Normal upgrades as per my understanding older product is overwritten by the new product - so will VS 2005 /2010 functionality will be removed/replaced by Expression Studio .. and I will not be able to use VS2005 / 2010.
4. How do you prove to MS that you possess licensed Adobe Creative Suite product ?
I called MS Licensing Helpdesk and Store helpdesk ... but very sorry to say that they really seems to have no idea ... and not seem to technical enough to understand the problem ...
Hope 9'ers or any other MS execs on C9 can help ...