I was at a Microsoft store last night, and they had Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro (Core i5-based). It was sitting next to the ATIV Smart PC (Atom-based).

The 1920 x 1080 display on the Pro was very nice. Interestingly though, it appeared that they must have changed the OS-wide text size from Control Panel to 125% or maybe even 150% because the text size was almost indistinguishable between the Pro unit and the 1366 x 768 display of the standard unit sitting next to it. While other graphical UI elements were obviously smaller on the Pro because of the finer resolution, for me, I like having the extra screen real estate of higher resolutions mainly to be able to see more text on the screen. To maximize the screen real estate, I always keep text size at 100% on all of my machines.

However, I think at this 11.6" display size of the ATIV Smart PC it's getting beyond the capability of my eyes to look at such small text for extended periods of time without discomfort. Even though the Pro could run something like VS2012 like a champ, I can't imagine that I'd want to look at programming code in such tiny text for long periods of time. On tablet-sized displays, I think I'd probably have to opt for the 125% or 150% setting, in which case, the advantage over the 1366 x 768 display is lessened IMHO.

BTW, I think the 1366 x 768 display is perfectly fine on such a small form factor. People want to compare the display of the Surface RT to that of the retina iPad and say it looks like crap, but the reality is that you actually have MORE screen real estate on Surface RT than you do on the iPad.