, Bass wrote

@Blue Ink:

Cheers, but the new and modern(tm) metrosexual Windows interface that you SHOULD be using if you are cool and hip is still locked on the app store, x86 or ARM. They took it to levels that even Apple won't touch. Who says Microsoft isn't innovative? Regardless, I don't want to be involved in the endless Windows 8 debate, is plenty of other people around here that can hate on Windows 8 better than me.

I appreciate that you don't want to start yet another "I hate Metro" argument and I will return the favor by not entering into a "the desktop is not legacy" one.

As I mentioned, browser vendors get equal API access in the x86 Windows 8 Start Screen, which means that more x86 tablets will make the original complaint even less relevant than it is right now. And I don't really get your point about the app store: you should be thrilled that you can actually download your browser of choice on Windows without having to touch IE. Smiley

Microsoft blowing all sorts of time and money reinventing its own quasi-comptable rendering engine instead of using the industry standard Webkit renderer is kind of stupid too, but that's a different story. I guess "helps the economy".

We had a dominating rendering engine once, and it didn't turn out very well. Just say no.

Google must think so, too, given how they are funding the development of Gecko.