Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

I installed Windows Live Essentials 2011 and it's pretty good but Photo Gallery resets filetype associations?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dentaku

Windows Update found Windows Live Essentials 2011 (it's the FUTURE already Smiley ) so I told it to only update the parts that I already have installed and so far it looks pretty good. Movie Maker gets better all the time.

One weird thing is that it reset my default application for opening .jpg images to the standarrd Winodws Photo Gallery. Most people would have no clue how to change it back to Live Photo Gallery so basically doing the update would make poeple stop using Live Photo Gallery because the default filetype association changed. That's NOT good.

• User profile image
    ManipUni

That didn't happen to me. I didn't use the "Recommended" installation however.

I love the fact we all beta test Live Sync/Mesh, and they work great, and then they introduce a ton of bugs in the final release. Like that box that shows up - "A remote party is using your machine press CTRL-ALT-Delete to disconnect them" on the remote terminal (in the middle of the damn screen!) and that box that appears every 30 minutes telling me I am not using the machine I'm in the middle of using and would I like to stay connected (because using the mouse and keyboard is idle, right?).

If anyone from Microsoft is reading - two things, first off quit doing beta testing if you aren't taking any feedback (Live Messager, in particular), and secondly quit beta testing old versions of your shipped products introducing tons of bugs right before the retail lock...

Frankly, excluding Visual Studio and Windows, Microsoft has the worst beta tests...

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

, ManipUni wrote

That didn't happen to me. I didn't use the "Recommended" installation however.

I love the fact we all beta test Live Sync/Mesh, and they work great, and then they introduce a ton of bugs in the final release. Like that box that shows up - "A remote party is using your machine press CTRL-ALT-Delete to disconnect them" on the remote terminal (in the middle of the damn screen!) and that box that appears every 30 minutes telling me I am not using the machine I'm in the middle of using and would I like to stay connected (because using the mouse and keyboard is idle, right?).

If anyone from Microsoft is reading - two things, first off quit doing beta testing if you aren't taking any feedback (Live Messager, in particular), and secondly quit beta testing old versions of your shipped products introducing tons of bugs right before the retail lock...

Frankly, excluding Visual Studio and Windows, Microsoft has the worst beta tests...

+1

Having beta tested WL products recently, it can be a very frustrating experience. Sometimes there isn't even a connect site for the betas anymore Sad

• User profile image
    arunpv

Windows Live Mesh is the worst.

I use Windows Live Sync and its the best app i have had. after installing Windows Live Mesh 2011 and tried adding a folder with files and guess what it started taking up CPU time. I never seen that in Windows Live Sync. I say Live Mesh sucks.

Hope they fix it.

• User profile image
    intelman

There seems to be a few major bugs with this latest release. Pretty much a shame. Hell, I still think not many people even know about them.

Experience is frustrating, lame, and sub standard. How this stuff gets released is beyond me.

• User profile image
    olechnwin

what's beyond me is how can they replaced live sync with live mess.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.