2) Silverlight V5 is porbably the last major version we will see.
3) what was wpf and silverlight are now going to be "Windows XAML" for the markup side and pick a language for the client code, C# etc...
These I agree with because of the following:
1) The move of Scott Gu to Azure(who the Hell is his predecessor anyways?)
2) The move of the WPF team to WinDiv keeping Silverlight in DevDiv. (Or is it a brain fart and the other way around? =) )
3) Deprecation of plugins in IE 10.
So it looks like WPF was sucked into the Windows OS as this new WinRT.
I mainly ask because our main client for Silverlight is Microsoft itself. We've built some powerful LOB stuff with Silverlight. I guess the head scratcher is, what do we move to if we're not doing Silverlight LOB browser-based stuff? Metro apps(which would be Win8 only)? WPF desktop apps? Etc...?