Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Issue with Lumia 920 IE Resolution.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

I am using this on my site.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1;">
            <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"> 

But in Lumia920 IE, it gives me 320px instead of 720+ px. What is going on?
    Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

Hmmm.... what to do.....

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/iemobile/archive/2010/11/22/the-ie-mobile-viewport-on-windows-phone-7.aspx

This is kinda annoying and appears to happen on my big Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 as well.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    spivonious

@magicalclick: It must be frustrating being on the IE team and having backwards-compatibility be such a stressed feature.

I suppose you could use device-width but if the UA says Windows Phone then use a hard-coded value and rely on IE to scale it. Maybe they'll introduce a new tag to tell IE that the site really is designed to use the device-width.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

arrr, they must be on crack. Because if I want to use 320 all the time, I would just use 320, not the other way around. I would rather had them not supporting the tag instead of making the tag useless. And seriously no one launch an URL in landscape mode, so, 480 is never used.

this is frustrating, just like this forum, they don't use Windows Phone IE and people like me ended up dealing with all sorts of bugs and they don't fix it either.

Last modified

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.