Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

LOLz my Lumia 1520.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

Everytime I bring out my big * tasty green 1520, people around me ask me what phone it is, by saying, is it iPhoneX or Android. Nope, it is Nokia and it is the biggest badest phone out there with awesome greeness.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    exoteric

Nokias are great. I had a Lumia 925. But now I got a Samsung S6 Edge. The primary criteria was the camera (I used to mock phone cameras, but now...) http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles

• User profile image
    LinhPham

I had a Lumia 1520. Now, My phone is Lumia 535. :((
    I love Windowphone.

• User profile image
    Craig_​Matthews

Ah, yes the Lumia 1520. Where swipe occasionally actually means tap.

• User profile image
    logiciel

I have a Lumia 535 too. For this low price it is really a good windowphone. There are some better models, but the 535 is cool.

• User profile image
    RealBboy360

So is it worth upgrading the 1520 to the new phone coming out oct 6th?  I like my 1520, what are the differences?

• User profile image
    kettch
  • User profile image
    RealBboy360

From what I see on the specs:

Snapdragon 810 vs 800
    3GB vs 2GB
    1520 has a little more mA on the battery
    1440x2560 vs 1920x1080
    removable battery is nice
    Seems like 950 has a larger bezel than 1520

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing much of a need to upgrade

• User profile image
    kettch

, RealBboy360 wrote

From what I see on the specs:

Snapdragon 810 vs 800
    3GB vs 2GB
    1520 has a little more mA on the battery
    1440x2560 vs 1920x1080
    removable battery is nice
    Seems like 950 has a larger bezel than 1520

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing much of a need to upgrade

That's not quite a representative comparison. Try this one.

Smaller battery doesn't mean less battery life due to more efficient hardware and software. The new processor is quite a big leap over the old one. The 950XL actually has a better screen to chassis ratio. In a phone a gig of memory is a big leap. The screen pixel density is much higher.

Combine all that with stuff like Continuum and the iris scanner, and this is definitely a significant upgrade.

• User profile image
    RealBboy360

, kettch wrote

*snip*

That's not quite an accurate comparison. Try this one.

I just mentioned the highlights I saw that would make a difference.  That link is good too.  I also see I lose .3 in on the screen size as well. That's not good. :(

• User profile image
    kettch

@RealBboy360: Sorry, I realized I posted too soon. I've updated my original with some more details.

• User profile image
    RealBboy360

Continuum is really cool, but I'm not sure I'd use it much.  Well all I'd be doing is going, "Hey can your phone do this?"  Iris scanner, finger print scanner I never like because they can be faked.

I'll wait for the reviews and I'll probably end up getting it.  Just seems like it's a little disappointing.  I also really don't like the reduced screen size.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

@RealBboy360:

Screen size is a bit bummer because that's the big OMG when someone saw my phone XD.

Still, it is easier to fit in pocket. And easier to one hand. It is a plus for some.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    RealBboy360

, magicalclick wrote

@RealBboy360:

Screen size is a bit bummer because that's the big OMG when someone saw my phone XD.

Still, it is easier to fit in pocket. And easier to one hand. It is a plus for some.

There are 2 sizes, and I've never had a problem with my 1520 in my pocket and I have a lot going on down there.

• User profile image
    davewill

, RealBboy360 wrote

*snip*

There are 2 sizes, and I've never had a problem with my 1520 in my pocket and I have a lot going on down there.

At that, ladies and gentlemen, is stepping up to the TEE and hitting a home run. :)  Congrats magicalclick on teeing it up.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

, davewill wrote

*snip*

At that, ladies and gentlemen, is stepping up to the TEE and hitting a home run. :)  Congrats magicalclick on teeing it up.

I am confused. But, thanks. :)

Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.