Coffeehouse Thread

21 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

MSBuild 2012

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    TexasToast

They raised the price quite a bit from last year considering it is in Redmond I would have thought the price to be less.   Anyway fork up the 2k for the conference and another 2k for travel and you should be good.  

• User profile image
    felix9

The best part of PDC10 is the Q&A feature in the streaming app, where the team members will answer online question while the speaker is on stage. its better than Ch9Live because more people are answering, and on more topics.  I hope Build 2012 can do the same.

• User profile image
    TexasToast

They are already SOLD OUT !   Who says there is a recession.   People have money to drop.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

They should have done a real conference @ Staples...this is quite lame...

• User profile image
    DeathBy​VisualStudio

, TexasToast wrote

They are already SOLD OUT !   Who says there is a recession.   People have money to drop.

It's my understanding that the seats were limited compared to last year's build in Anaheim. When they only offer the early bird special to the first 500 people that says a lot about capacity.

If we all believed in unicorns and fairies the world would be a better place.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

Unfortunately we don't have the "transparency" of sorts we had with Mike Swanson in charge. =(

• User profile image
    DeathBy​VisualStudio

@Harlequin: Didn't you hear? They think they're Apple now. Perplexed

If we all believed in unicorns and fairies the world would be a better place.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    MasterPi

, TexasToast wrote

Hoping their profits from this conference will subsidize Surface tablets so that they can sell them at a lower price. But then, if they see that there are people willing to drop this kind of money...who knows.

• User profile image
    Ian2

First 500 places were at $1 a pop.  Sadly though I was ready at 4pm GMT I was in Taunton today and relying on my Windows Phone.  The connection was poor and the rendering of the registration site surprisingly bad ( losing a quarter of the screen WTF!).  After 40 mins of messing I managed to bag a ticket (needless to say that the $1 tickets went to the people with fast broadband).

Looks like MS is turning BUILD into a circus.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

, Ian2 wrote

First 500 places were at $1 a pop.

$1? Don't get it...early bird was ~$1,500, full price was something like $2,000.

• User profile image
    Richard.Hein

@Ian2: I tried to do mine on my WP7 as well; the page was cut off just as you described.  I had to find just the right spot to scroll stuff over so I could click buttons and fill out fields ... then something happened and the page just refreshed and said it was expired ... had to start over and lost my place.  Missed the early bird, but I did manage to register.

Unfortunately, management has decided *not* to pay for it so I'm on my own. Mad

I have a baby coming in October, so if there's any complications or difficulties I won't be able to go, but I am going to try my best.

• User profile image
    Richard.Hein

@Harlequin: Yeah ... Ian they weren't $1 a pop ... rendering issue?  Wink

• User profile image
    TexasToast

Maybe Ian thinks he only paid $2 for his ticket to MSBuild due to this rendering issue.   He might get a surprise when his Mastercard bill comes Smiley

Actually I was told they registered 500 for early Bird in the first 3 minutes (fastest to get to payment page so you had to skip the hotels) so just be glad your in because i think at 45 minutes it was full.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

, TexasToast wrote

Maybe Ian thinks he only paid $2 for his ticket to MSBuild due to this rendering issue.   He might get a surprise when his Mastercard bill comes Smiley

Ian, I'll give you my old convertible for $1000◊°◊. I'll even throw in floormats cause I'm a nice guy and all. Smiley

• User profile image
    Richard.Hein

@TexasToast: LMAO ... a friend of mine was on the waiting list, then got an email saying he was off the waiting list and had to 7:30 to register.  He texted me at 6:10 to tell me, and we finished up booking our flights together.  So, we are good to go here. 

Check your emails frequently if you are on the waiting list!

• User profile image
    TexasToast

That's great that they opened the list.  I wonder if they made more room or some people are not getting the funds to go.   Anyway we will see

• User profile image
    Ted.w

, TexasToast wrote

I wonder if they made more room or some people are not getting the funds to go.   

Fake buzz for the press, would be my guess.

• User profile image
    elmer

The old $1 to confirm a valid card, then we'll smack it with the full bill later, trick ?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.