Steve Ballmer has read this manifesto at some convention not long ago:
The 5 dimensions of the cloud:
- The cloud creates opportunities and responsibilities
- The cloud learns and helps you learn, decide and take action
- The cloud enhances your social and professional interactions
- The cloud wants smarter devices
- The cloud drives server advances that drive the cloud
If you're a Microsoft developer and that didn't scare you, i don't know what will. Scare you in the sense that there are moron MBAs running microsoft. At this point Microsoft=100%marketing, very little content.
DISCLOSURE: I'm an open-source guy just peeking over the fence to see what's new on the dark side .