Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Musing #568

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ian2

So got to see 'no escape' the other day and well and truly had my emotions manipulated for an hour and 41 minutes.  My daughter admitted to shaking (with tension) during the film - and I heard several people laugh-out nervously at various times.

Man, they have got really good at this stuff!

Generic Forum Image

That's not to say it is the best film I have ever seen - just commenting on how well crafted it is I guess.

• User profile image
    spivonious

I'm hesitant because I can't picture Owen Wilson in a serious role.

• User profile image
    Ian2

@spivonious:I know what you mean but he basically just plays a Dad, while Pierce Brosnan plays a lower class version of 007, one who has left MI5 and become a contractor, so not really too much of a stretch for either of them.  All the acting in the film is of a standard that it doesn't detract from the story (there isn't actually much of a story).

Definitely worth a watch for the entertainment  value though.

• User profile image
    Ian2

, spivonious wrote

There is an interesting take on why they chose Owen Wilson in this short video:https://twitter.com/NoEscape/status/639585211081101312

• User profile image
    cbae

, spivonious wrote

Well, that won't be a problem in this movie:

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this, but I can't see how they're going to improve on the perfection of the first movie.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.