Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

My Xbox 360

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    cbae

...has been officially "Metrofied".

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Explain.

• User profile image
    cbae

They released a beta update of the console UI that looks like Metro.

• User profile image
    figuerres

, cbae wrote

were you in the beta before ? did they open it to more users ?

• User profile image
    magicalclick

, cbae wrote

officially "Metrofied" at usable beta stage. It was announced (officially "Metrofied") long ago Tongue Out.

Not sure how they are going to add more tiles, The current GUI just make the channel list longer, but, a page on next GUI only has 8 tiles max or something. I don't think they want to support scroll in the next GUI, due to Kinect. It can support scroll, but, their approach is trying to avoid scrolling.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    cbae

, figuerres wrote

*snip*

were you in the beta before ? did they open it to more users ?

I was, but I had to sign up again. It wasn't automatic. However, I don't think there was any kind of approval process either.

• User profile image
    cbae

, magicalclick wrote

*snip*

officially "Metrofied" at usable beta stage. It was announced (officially "Metrofied") long ago Tongue Out.

Well, it was "officially" applied to my console by XBL. I suppose I could have "unofficially" applied the update to my console, if I had the knowledge (and the desire) to do so. Smiley

• User profile image
    Ian2

Be careful, I think this is still under NDA isn't it?

• User profile image
    cbae

, Ian2 wrote

Be careful, I think this is still under NDA isn't it?

Yes, I'm being careful not to reveal any details. As magicalclick has mentioned, the Metrofication of the console dashboard UI is public information. However, I did talk about the sign-up process. Oops! Is that under NDA? Expressionless

• User profile image
    ZippyV

@cbae: Well is it now better or worse?

• User profile image
    figuerres

, cbae wrote

*snip*

Yes, I'm being careful not to reveal any details. As magicalclick has mentioned, the Metrofication of the console dashboard UI is public information. However, I did talk about the sign-up process. Oops! Is that under NDA? Expressionless

not likely....   a while back major nelson told anyone who saw the post where to signup to get in.

but by the time i saw it they had closed it saying they had all the beta users theyn needed at that time.

so i think that the connect beta page is well known.

i guess in about 2 weeks we will not need the beta as i hear it will soon be released.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

@cbae:

Well, does the beta look anything close to the official publications? Tongue Out

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

nvm, wrong pic.

Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.