Coffeehouse Thread

42 posts

Conversation Locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.

No love but money, $500!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • PeterDouglas

I will pay $500 for anyone who can solve this for me:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Forums/TechOff/How-to-get-the-name-of-the-related-DLL-for-a-thread-in-a-process-like-Process-Explorer

It must work under Windows 8 x64. Be compilable in C# and Visual Studio.

My email is petertheman DOT douglas AT outlook.com.

• PeterDouglas

All of you big shots can't solve this for $500? Is the price too low?

• JohnAskew

Nothing is withheld from us what we have conceived to do.

1) No guarantee you'll pay, sorry, nothing personal.

2) Suspicious as to why you don't do your own work; are you trolling to prove a point?

3) Lack of respect for such a cry-baby approach to work. Do it yourself, man, show some self-respect. Grow a pair, PeterDouglas.

4) Are you the infamous troll formerly known as "Beer"? He often re-appears with new accounts and new bruises for his mommy.

5) Why aren't you a big shot? If you aren't one then why come here?

Devil

• evildictait​or

Try something like http://www.vworker.com/ if you want work done for money.

If you use an escrow site like that, and post a link here people might be more inclined to trust that the money will actually be there once the work has been done.

• PeterDouglas

@JohnAskew:

You are very unpolite and pretty insulting.

I do not even know what you mean by something like "3) Lack of respect for such a cry-baby approach to work. Do it yourself, man, show some self-respect. Grow a pair, PeterDouglas."

Why would I be here asking for help if I COULD DO IT? You all claim it's so simple but none of you can show a working sample. You seem to have a big pair yourself, how about showing a working sample? AND earning $500 on top of it. After all, you claim it's so simple!

"5) Why aren't you a big shot? If you aren't one then why come here?" When did I say I am a big shot? I am NOT. I COULD NOT SOLVE THIS PROBLEM SO I CAME TO THE BIG SHOTS HERE. Atleast that is how the word goes but it seems that people are wrong about you.

Email me bank wire transfer information and you will receive the money. Give me your word you can do it. That is all I need.

I can also send the money to any Microsoft employee who hangs out in here, he/she can hold the money until you make the job.

Good enough for you?

• PeterDouglas

@evildictaitor:

I am aware of that site but I came here because people say you guys are all that! I thought this is where good programmers hang. Perhaps I was mistaken. People here seem rather unfriendly, unpolite and down right insulting in my humble opinioon.

But that is OK. It is OK to be insulting, elitist but so far, I  have only seen talk and no action. None of you could solve the issue but just point me to MSDN.

I offer you $500 and I just get insult back.

That is just weird.

• kettch

@PeterDouglas: This isn't a job posting board, nor is it a technical support forum. If Tech Off and StackOverflow can't solve your challenge, then I don't know what to say. If people don't know the answer, then money isn't going to fix that. Also, throwing around an attitude isn't going to help either.

On the topic of your question, I doubt there is a way to do it in managed code. You'll probably have to resort to interop. Also, I wouldn't use SysInternals tools as an example of how to do things with specific API's. Remember that the history of SysInternals tools involves lots of reverse engineering, unsupported/undocumented API's, and just plain hax0ring. It may very well be impossible using documented means.

• PeterDouglas

@kettch:

Did you even read what that guy "JohnAskew" wrote? You call me the one with attitude? This place is by far the most unpolite place I have been. The difference is the places where people are unpolite, they have atleast the knowledge. Most people here are just full of it and nothing else.

Regarding sysinternals, I guess you are right. Thank you for the help.

• JuanZamudio

@PeterDouglas:Do you mean what he wrote following this:"All of you big shots can't solve this for $500? Is the price too low?"

Yeah, he is an a*s.

• evildictait​or

, PeterDouglas wrote

@evildictaitor:

I am aware of that site but I came here because people say you guys are all that! I thought this is where good programmers hang. Perhaps I was mistaken. People here seem rather unfriendly, unpolite and down right insulting in my humble opinioon.

But that is OK. It is OK to be insulting, elitist but so far, I  have only seen talk and no action. None of you could solve the issue but just point me to MSDN.

I offer you $500 and I just get insult back.

That is just weird.

I'm sorry if you feel you've been slighted on this forum - there's certainly lots of folk here who have short tempers, and there have been several new folk who turn up and demand answers to questions assuming that we at C9 are somehow obliged to answer.

There's also lots of people on this forum who probably could write what you're asking for, but what you're not really appreciating is that $500 for the amount of work that is involved to get it working is still pretty low, and without escrow nobody here is going to do work for some guy who might just run off with the code and not pay the bills.

You might not have got a fully working C# implementation of what you're asking for within minutes of arriving here, but you've got more than you'd get in most other places - i.e. you've had people tell you what APIs you need to call to get the information you want, and you've had people tell you precisely how SysInternals gets the information internally.

All that's left is the manual work physically bolting it all together, and that is probably better served by finding someone else who knows how to do Pinvokes and is willing to help you write a DbgHelp wrapper, or by putting your money in escrow on a site like vWorker and then cross posting the link here so that people might actually trust that the money will materialize after the work has been done.

Alternatively, you could probably have a go at implementing it yourself and ask questions here for help along the way - most people are happy to help for free if you ask nicely.

Sorry if that sounds rude, but that's just how it goes.

• PeterDouglas

@evildictaitor:Thank you for the help. I have tried and sadly FAILED MISERABLY. That's why I needed help. I even took help from some other guy ( I am not allowed to say his name. ) and he is like some kind of code guru and he couldn't solve it either.

Atleast you are not being evil! Big Smile hehe

ps. I know $500 might be low for you guys but it's A LOT of money for me.

• PeterDouglas

@JuanZamudio:YES, YES YES! I mean it!!! I will pay you $500 for a working sample in Windows 8 x64, compilable in C#/Visual Studio.

You can give me an encryped exe file, I run it in my virtual machine and see if it works if you doubt me. I can pay you half now, half later. We can use a middle man, for love of the creator... I NEED HELP.

Thank you.

• Bas

, PeterDouglas wrote

We can use a middle man, for love of the creator...

Excellent! That escrow site is a perfect middle man, so put that money up there.

• Maddus Mattus

, PeterDouglas wrote

I NEED HELP.

Amen to that!

• vesuvius

, Maddus Mattus wrote

*snip*

Amen to that!

Amen brother!

• PeterDouglas

@Bas:Yes, fine! But do ANY of you know how to solve this before I put the money there?

• JohnAskew

@PeterDouglas: I suspect you are being wholly disingenuous with your presence at C9. No one with an ounce of self-respect would spasm like PeterDouglas on these forums, not even the high school students.

I call your bluff. Send the $$ to Charles at C9 and you'll convince me you're not a troll. Otherwise you are Beer, you live in Canada, and you've obsessively trolled C9 for 7 or 8 years now.

• MasterPi

Just out of curiosity, why $500? Surely if we're truly that good, we deserve a lot more.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.