Coffeehouse Thread

33 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Nokia 920 Windows 8 Phone available today -ATT

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    spivonious

, JohnAskew wrote

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2411906,00.asp

Also the first-ever Windows Phone 8 with built-in Beats Audio technology, the 8X provides studio-quality sound, boosted by an HTC audio amplifier powering the 3.5mm audio jack.

The HTC will still have far superior sound... hmm.

I don't know, ignoring the beats branding, it's supposed to have quite a nice DAC inside.

• User profile image
    blowdart

My pre-order, off contract, is still pre-processing.

Sad Panda Sad

• User profile image
    MasterPi

@blowdart: Mine's still showing "Attention!" since yesternight. I might have to give them a call.

• User profile image
    kettch

Interesting. I couldn't find any proof before, but according to AT&T's site the black is matte and all the other colors are high gloss.

• User profile image
    blowdart

, MasterPie wrote

@blowdart: Mine's still showing "Attention!" since yesternight. I might have to give them a call.

I just did that. And magically 2 minutes later the took the money from my credit card.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

@blowdart: And, right before you posted...my status changed to "Pre-processing". I suppose our fates are intertwined? Big Smile

• User profile image
    blowdart

, MasterPie wrote

@blowdart: And, right before you posted...my status changed to "Pre-processing". I suppose our fates are intertwined? Big Smile

Damn it, why couldn't they take my payment from YOUR credit card?

• User profile image
    MasterPi

, blowdart wrote

*snip*

Damn it, why couldn't they take my payment from YOUR credit card?

The only reason I could think of was that you're just simply too old.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

@kettch:

US AT&T site says Cyan is matte.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    blowdart

, magicalclick wrote

@kettch:

US AT&T site says Cyan is matte.

There was both matte and shiny, attract fingerprints and never get it clean versions in cyan.

• User profile image
    BitFlipper

That's why I stopped doing pre-orders. I walked into an AT&T store and walked out with a black Lumia 920. Charging plate to be shipped free to my house next week.

BTW, how many people know you pay tax on the full off-contract price, even though you pay "$100" for it on contract? According to the rep that is law so maybe that is only in CA.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Sweet...shipped an hour ago with overnight estimated delivery tomorrow afternoon. Charging plate to be shipped next week.

• User profile image
    Richard.Hein

I have one from //build/, it's great!  I had the 900 and this is a nice upgrade.  It's bigger in every dimension than the 900, but I don't mind.  Battery life seems better than the 900.  The camera is better.  It's better all around, including reception, but I have a problem with the proximity sensor ... looks like it's dirty under the glass.  Windows 8 on the phone is great.  Highly recommended.

• User profile image
    tedmalone

@TexasToast: I don't know if you're having the same problem I did, but I wasn't getting photos in my text messages (MMS), and it turned out the problem was on AT&T's end. Their back-end system still thought I had an iPhone and was formatting the MMS improperly. A 2nd level tech was able to fix the problem on their end.

• User profile image
    cheong

, JohnAskew wrote

*snip*

Get the developer's license for an unlock?  $99 last I looked but isn't there a special right now?

I think he mean ISP lockdown instead of App lockdown?

Btw, I hope that Nokia will sell this phone globally around the same time this time. Had Lumia 900 released within 1 month later than U.S., I would have bought it instead of just wait for 920.

I'm not happy to spend that much money on a phone that'll become outdated (read: not latest) in less than half year.

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.