Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Photosynth not working great with Lumia 920?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

Anyone with 920 has tried Photosynth yet? I remember the result is very good with my HTC Surround. But, I couldn't get the same result on my 920. I am not sure what is the cause. Maybe it has something to do the 920 stabilization? When I move around the current camera feed, sometime it jerks around, unlike my old phone. Or someone with a X8 would be kindly enough to test if the WP8 version of Photosynth is working correctly? Thank you.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Ian2

Have downloaded it but not tried it yet.  Might go for a walk up the Malverns tomorrow so will be sure to take my 920 and report back with a Photosynth.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Yeah...the app seems very confused whenever I use it. I want to be able to just take pictures around me, but I feel like I have to work according to its picky requirements.

• User profile image
    PeterF

I hope it's not reliability issues with the 920's gyroscope

• User profile image
    spivonious

@MasterPie: It works like crap on my LG Quantum.

• User profile image
    Ian2

, spivonious wrote

@MasterPie: It works like crap on my LG Quantum.

Did you manage to get 7.8 onto your Quantum?

• User profile image
    spivonious

@Ian2: Nope, I don't think the update is ever coming. It's the WP7.5 version of Photosynth.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Forgot to mention that I'm using the app on my Lumia 920. My synths are stitched poorly, almost as if it weren't actually applying the algorithm and just filling in a 3D mesh with the images in the exact orientation and locations in which they were taken. It's also always asking me to repeat a previous capture...very frustrating and unusable.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Looks like they released an update yesterday. Has the experienece improved for anyone? I still can't take a good panorama because it jerks too much.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.