Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Problem in Windows Phone Application of Visual Studio 2010

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    akashjain

I've VS 2010 Ultimate. So I downloaded windows phone 7 development tools and it's automatically integrated in VS. Now the problem is when I tried to test the hello world program,it's build successfully but showing error in runtime saying "Zune software is not installed,make sure that.........."

then I installed zune software,now it's again saying "Zune isn't launched,make sure......." what to do? how can I launch zune! and y should I need that!!!!!!!!!

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

@akashjain: target emulator instead of device

• User profile image
    SimonJ

Zune is used to communication between the PC and the phone device.

You start Zune the same way as you start any application. It will then probably want to pair with your device when you plug it in.

However, for first debugging of phone apps, use the emulator rather than a physical device. It is easier.

• User profile image
    akashjain

thanks for reply

but if we want to work only on pc not deploy on mobile then how to use emulator for test application...

• User profile image
    Proton2

The emulator gets installed during the install of the Windows Phone dev tools. There should be a short cut in your start menu to the emulator as well.

• User profile image
    akashjain

Thanks for reply.

The emulator starts but its closed immediately after open.... how to resolve this problem?

its not shown the application.

• User profile image
    SimonJ

It sounds like there is a problem in your emulator. Try repairing/reinstalling Windows Phone developer tools and/or Visual Studio.

You should be able to set VS to target the emulator then, when you press F5 to start your phone app with debugging it should start the emulator (if it is not already running) copy your application to the emulator and start it there.

• User profile image
    Proton2

@akashjain:What operating system are you using? If by chance you are using Windows 8, then it might not work. I'm using Windows 8, but I have a device and do not need to use the emulator.

Edit: I also have an App Hub account and have my phone registered, which is what you would also need if you wanted to use a device.

• User profile image
    akashjain

i am using windows 7 32 bit Operating system. 

• User profile image
    Proton2

One possibility for a problem is, you can not be running virtual pc or any other emulator at the same time.

Also:

Hardware-assisted virtualization

Requires a processor that supports hardware-assisted virtualization. For additional information, see Optimizing Performance for Windows Phone Emulator.

• User profile image
    akashjain

@SimonJ:please clear it properly how to start emulator after running application.... if you have any screens for demonstrating this then send it.

• User profile image
    akashjain

@Proton2:yes, i do not run any other emulator that time... and hardware configuration are compatible...

• User profile image
    akashjain

@Maddus Mattus:yes do this but problem of emulator open and close after some time without error..

• User profile image
    figuerres

, akashjain wrote

I've VS 2010 Ultimate. So I downloaded windows phone 7 development tools and it's automatically integrated in VS. Now the problem is when I tried to test the hello world program,it's build successfully but showing error in runtime saying "Zune software is not installed,make sure that.........."

then I installed zune software,now it's again saying "Zune isn't launched,make sure......." what to do? how can I launch zune! and y should I need that!!!!!!!!!

do you have an MSDN account as part of your package ?  with MSDN and VS Ultimate you can get support from Microsoft on install issues and such.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Check Windows event log for errors

• User profile image
    Proton2

I have spoken with my colleagues over at Chapek 9, and here are their suggestions.

Try control alt delete. Jiggle the cord.  Turn him off and on. Clean the gunk out of the mouse. Call technical support. Smiley

• User profile image
    spivonious

, Maddus Mattus wrote

@akashjain: target emulator instead of device

This is the answer.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.