Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Problem with XAML designer in Visual Studio 2015

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Arun​Kumar1993

I have my Visual studio 2015. I have this problem, the XAML designer doesnt show up, it gives me an error. The XAML designer for windows 8  apps works fine, but the problem is with the Windows Universal apps. please someone guide me in fixing this issue

https://plus.google.com/u/0/113817850740690355971/posts/DkZCcE2EKFT?pid=6182206224058651138&oid=113817850740690355971

this is the actual screenshot taken from my laptop, please check link to see the image

please help me with this issue soon, i'm too desperate

• User profile image
    Auxon0

@ArunKumar1993: Try running Visual Studio as an Administrator.

• User profile image
    Arun​Kumar1993

@FuncOfT: I have just tried running my Visual Studio as admin, still I get the same problem as shown in that image. Please help me

• User profile image
    Jim Young

I had a similar problem with my C++ Windows 10 project. I resolved it by creating a simple C# Universal app and loading it's MainPage in the designer. This seems to provide some initialization to the designer. I was then able to load my C++ project and use the XAML designer. I hope this solution works for you. I contacted Microsoft about this issue and the said it was a known bug and will be fixed in a later release.

• User profile image
    Arun​Kumar1993

@Jim Young:Thank u so much sir. I hope that bug is fixed soon.

• User profile image
    vesuvius

, Arun‚ÄčKumar1993 wrote

@Jim Young:Thank u so much sir. I hope that bug is fixed soon.

I would watch out for bug fix releases for Visual Studio, this is unlikely to go on too long without being addressed, not critical, but not far off.

• User profile image
    DeanChalk

I had this very same problem - even if I created a brand new Windows 10 XAML app the XAML designer stubbornly refused to show up, with no error message. I tried creating a WPF app, and the designer appeared - so it must be a Windows 10 thing.

After hours of googling, and getting nowhere, I started 'tinkering' with my project properties.

I noticed on the project property page there is a section called 'targeting'

My settings show that a minimum windows 10 version was build 10240, and the Target version was different at 'Insider Preview 10563'. I changed the target version to the minimum version and BLAM!! the XAML designer coughed into life.

I have no idea what that was all about, but at least I can get some work done at last

• User profile image
    Doctor Who

, DeanChalk wrote

I had this very same problem - even if I created a brand new Windows 10 XAML app the XAML designer stubbornly refused to show up, with no error message. I tried creating a WPF app, and the designer appeared - so it must be a Windows 10 thing.

After hours of googling, and getting nowhere, I started 'tinkering' with my project properties.

I noticed on the project property page there is a section called 'targeting'

My settings show that a minimum windows 10 version was build 10240, and the Target version was different at 'Insider Preview 10563'. I changed the target version to the minimum version and BLAM!! the XAML designer coughed into life.

I have no idea what that was all about, but at least I can get some work done at last

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing, Dean.

• User profile image
    elisavetml

100000000000000000000  thanks Dean  @DeanChalk:

• User profile image
    jazer313

Thanks Dean!

• User profile image
    tareqNoman

i have a problem like your , but it's little different XAML UI designer dosen't show just XAML code showing .... please tell me anyone fro this Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    virturel

@tareqNoman: The solution is to set the same version for "Target version" and "Minimum version". See DeanChalk answer the 28 of october.

• User profile image
    tareqNoman

@tareqNoman:@DeanChalk:sir i fix it . but still not working Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    tareqNoman

@virturel:@DeanChalk: sir is that . i fix it . but still not working Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    tareqNoman

@DeanChalk: @virturel: What is 'BLAM' sir 

please help me ..it depressed me

• User profile image
    tareqNoman

@virturel: yeha it's now working .. XAML designer now showing .. now local machin run successfully but Phone Emulator not working ,two error showing

1.Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '98CD6FA8-9114-4179-ACA3-38E5D23C77EE'.':
    DeviceException - Class not registered App5

2. Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Mobile Emulator 10.0.10586.0 WVGA 4 inch 512MB' failed. Device cannot be found. Class not registered App5

• User profile image
    tareqNoman

Windows 10 Phone Emulator not working ,two error showing

1.Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '98CD6FA8-9114-4179-ACA3-38E5D23C77EE'.':
    DeviceException - Class not registered App5

2. Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Mobile Emulator 10.0.10586.0 WVGA 4 inch 512MB' failed. Device cannot be found. Class not registered App5

please anyone help 

• User profile image
    vesuvius

@tareqNoman

I have circled the information that I think will solve the issue

The target Windows 10 Platform for "your app" is newer that the current version of Windows 10
    Update Windows 10 to enable the XAML designer and take advantage of new Windows features

Generic Forum Image

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.