I have read the descriptions and features of them in www.asp.net website. Still confused about "Web pages" vs "Web forms" vs "MVC".
- Web pages is some kind of "view" sitting on top of MVC?
- I see that there is more than one MVC "version", is that the case for "Web forms" as well or is there only "one" "Web forms"?
- If I use MVC "version 3", when "version 4" comes out, do I need to rewrite a lot of stuff? I know MVC 4 is not out ( or 5, not sure ) but how was it from version 1&2 into version 3. Lots of change and rewrite to make it "version 3"?
- Is MVC just a "way of writing applications" or is it a specially made "tool" so to speak?
- Which one of those from the coding side, "looks more like" PHP?
- Which one do you personally prefer, and why?
Sorry if my questions seem rather stupid but I am almost completely ignorant regarding ASP.NET.