1. I don't need it but a lot of customers Want it. Why not please your customers?
2. We had flat appearance in DOS. Do you like bell bottom jeans too?
3. Sinofsky was not listening to others and helping them work their ideas on windows 8. This is especially true for Line of Biz apps being killed by a WPF Silverlight strategy that developers liked.
4. Gates was the reason Microsoft was successful. He might not have been cutting edge on everything but he was persistent. The ship is steady and not very fast but it will not sink.
5. Agree 100%. They have some teams and people with no slackers and you cannot cut the bottom 10% just as a policy. They need to reinvigorate dev teams again.