Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Strange Lumia 950 button layout.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

So, basically the Lumia 950 (XL) button layout is in this order from top to bottom. Volume Up, Power Button, Volume Down, Camera.

Who in the right mind to do this???? I mean, the screenshot combo is made to skip a button to prevent accident and they make it accident happy on both combinations??? And that cell phone in the right mind would put power button in the middle??? I mean??? Wuuuuuuuttttt???

Anyway, glad to see a new flag ship with large 5.7 XL screen. At least I don't feel too bad replacing my 1520.

Head to typical tech site for ref.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    kettch

The only stuff I've seen on future Lumias has all been wild speculation, including the name. Basically, we know absolutely nothing and there's no point in getting excited.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

@kettch:

The source is very real. The markup is based on people who has access to the device.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    bondsbw

Here's the main article, or at least one of them:  http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-cityman-and-talkman-flagship-full-details

The power button between volume keys is strange... not sure how I'd like that.  All physical buttons need to be located, sized, and spaced in such a way that you don't need to see them in order to use them.

• User profile image
    cbae

I see layouts like this all the time in navigation buttons on home theater remotes and such: up, select, down.

With this layout, you never have to guess which is the lock screen button if you're just going by feel. I have so many different phones and tablets with different button layouts (lock screen button above the volume rocker or below the volume rocker) it gets to be a pain getting used to a particular layout when switching from device to device.

• User profile image
    lenterak

According to reports from August 20, Microsoft may be gearing up to announce the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL during October, alongside other Windows 10 devices, including the Surface 4. The rumour also suggest a wearable dubbed the Band 2 and a "mini" Xbox One!

• User profile image
    magicalclick

Can't wait to see 950 XL and Surface Pro4. Mini-XboxOne??? That I did not catch.

Last modified
  • User profile image
    dialedin2014

@magicalclick: Yep, just recommended the phone to an exec and had him complain about the camera button.  Wish it could be programmed to a different function.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.