Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Time for a new phone ...Conflicted between 925 and HTC One

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Srikanth_t

And the major point of contention is HTC One Zoe app.  Saw a really cool small movie edited by my buddy ....Zoe is a really neat video editing tool.

Anything similar coming up for Lumia line ? The offline maps in Lumia is a nice thing....now, if they only had a video editing tool.

• User profile image
    Blue Ink

@Srikanth_t: Nokia has a minimalistic app to trim videos, but that's it: as far as I know there are no APIs to edit videos.

On the other hand, I got a 925 a couple of weeks ago and I'm really impressed by the camera; it's just that good.

• User profile image
    cbae

, Blue Ink wrote

@Srikanth_t: Nokia has a minimalistic app to trim videos, but that's it: as far as I know there are no APIs to edit videos.

On the other hand, I got a 925 a couple of weeks ago and I'm really impressed by the camera; it's just that good.

I really hope the 8.1 versions of WinRT and WinRT for WP bring a much more built-out API. WinRT 8.0 was just so half-baked.

• User profile image
    Blue Ink

@cbae: Yes, it's somewhat better than WP 7.1, but it definitely needs work. Like making the method signatures match across platforms, pretty please.

On the bright side, Nokia is releasing some cool stuff (for everyone, not just its own devices), like the Imaging SDK.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.