Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

VS 2012 is messed up after 8.1 update, can't' find  MSVCR110.dll

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    RealBboy360

Get a can't find MSVCR110.dll file.  Well it says it has to reboot again, maybe that will fix it.

• User profile image
    RealBboy360

I installed an update 3 of VS 2012 and that seemed to fix things if anyone has this same issue.

• User profile image
    Hal9901

Just installed Windows 8.1 update on Windows 8 machine and i have got this .dll file missing. I also downloaded Update 3 VS2012 and this made no difference. But yes it seems this issue is a bug in the Win 8.1 update.

• User profile image
    Hal9901

I note that there is an update to the 2012 Visual studio coming in November 13th 2013.. It maybe that the 2012 Visual Studio is not compatible with Win 8.1 Will suck it and see.

• User profile image
    RealBboy360

Still working good for me now, (Besides my silverlight app not debugging in oob).  I'll probably ugrade to 2013 next month though

• User profile image
    Hal9901

Worked on this today so here is the fix.. The above i tried did not work for me?

So here is the fix should anyone get this same problem.. Just follow instruction here.

1. Control panel/ Programs and Features..In the list of programs to uninstall just go to the very bottom and look for Windows Essentials. Right click as if to uninstall. The next box that opens will give you a choice of and repair Choose Repair and let the repair continue. This will solve the msvcr110.dll error.

This will solve other progs like Windows movie maker, Photo gallery, Windows Live Writer, and Messenger which should have been removed by MS and replaced with its ownership of Skype.

Happy Days again Folks Hope this helps someone!Tongue Out

• User profile image
    TiBall

Nice,

had the same probelem and Hal9901´s solution fworked for me

• User profile image
    tungnguyen

Dear all,

I got this problem and now, I have solved it.

Go to this link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679 to download  Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4. After installing, if you the problem could not be fixed. Download msvcr110.dll at  the link  http://dllfiles.s3.amazonaws.com/zip/4ba25d2cbe1587a841dcfb8c8c4a6ea6/msvcr110.zip.

Copy and replace it into Windows\System 32 and SYSWOW64 as well if you run Windows 64bits

Good luck.

• User profile image
    zalick

Same issue. Hal9901's solution worked for me, though I had to install Windows Essentials instead of repair because I had never installed it in the first place. Thanks!

• User profile image
    LarryLarsen

@Hal9901: Thanks for the fix, Hal. Mind if I mention it on Defrag? Send me your address and I'll send you a couple 9 guys.  

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.