Coffeehouse Thread

78 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Visual Studio 2012: SLOW & BUGGY.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    contextfree`

When I tried WiX some years ago I found it kind of brain-twisting, IIRC the difficulty being not so much WiX's own per se but more that it was a fairly thin wrapper over the underlying Windows Installer model and it was that model itself that was difficult to grasp. I've heard it's gotten at least somewhat easier though.

• User profile image
    PopeDai

I want to know why the VS Setup and Deployment project used a cheap-looking clipart image as the default banner image in Windows Installer projects - ClickOnce looked better!

It had the effect of cheapening the whole experience, made harder by the fact changing the default image involves some non-obvious steps.

If we're going to have an offiical WIX toolkit, it needs to generate installers that are sexy.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    exoteric

@PopeDai:Okay that's one hell of an installer :-O

• User profile image
    Codename47

I know the Microsoft Silverlight SDKs caused some slowness when opening the Visual Studio applications.

• User profile image
    bondsbw

Since this thread was brought back from nowhere, I'll use this space to ask:

For those who have now had a chance to use VS2013, how does it compare in speed with 2012?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.