Coffeehouse Thread

78 posts

Visual Studio 2012: SLOW & BUGGY.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    contextfree`

When I tried WiX some years ago I found it kind of brain-twisting, IIRC the difficulty being not so much WiX's own per se but more that it was a fairly thin wrapper over the underlying Windows Installer model and it was that model itself that was difficult to grasp. I've heard it's gotten at least somewhat easier though.

• User profile image
    PopeDai

I want to know why the VS Setup and Deployment project used a cheap-looking clipart image as the default banner image in Windows Installer projects - ClickOnce looked better!

It had the effect of cheapening the whole experience, made harder by the fact changing the default image involves some non-obvious steps.

If we're going to have an offiical WIX toolkit, it needs to generate installers that are sexy.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    exoteric

@PopeDai:Okay that's one hell of an installer :-O

• User profile image
    Codename47

I know the Microsoft Silverlight SDKs caused some slowness when opening the Visual Studio applications.

• User profile image
    bondsbw

Since this thread was brought back from nowhere, I'll use this space to ask:

For those who have now had a chance to use VS2013, how does it compare in speed with 2012?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.