12 posts

Where's the Going Native 2013 videos?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Jim Young

I'm only seeing day 1. Where's 2 and 3?

• User profile image
    felix9

editing ... encoding ... uploading ... distributing ... just a guess. Smiley

• User profile image
    MasterPi

"All sessions will be available to download (in both audio and video formats) 24-48 hours after the event"

• User profile image
    Jim Young

, MasterPi wrote

"All sessions will be available to download (in both audio and video formats) 24-48 hours after the event"

I know, I know. It's just I really want to watch some sessions from day 2 Angel

• User profile image
    JoshRoss

Isn't the C9 team using Azure Media Services? If not, maybe it's time to kick the tires.

-Josh

• User profile image
    Duncanma

@JoshRoss: encoding is all in azure, but editing is done by a person. Scaling up the encoding is automatic, scaling up the editing over the weekend is more complicated.

• User profile image
    JoshRoss

@Duncanma: For something like GN what is the most complicated aspect to the edit? I have to imagine that you have a projector feed, a few cameras, more microphones, and a boatload of media files.

The audio mix from the live feed seemed well mixed. I could even hear questions being called out from the far reaches of the room.

-Josh

• User profile image
    Duncanma

@JoshRoss: not really sure what's complicated, but I know even chopping them out of the full stream capture can take hours due to the size of the files

• User profile image
    Jim Young

@Duncanma: I see that they are dribbling in now.

• User profile image
    Charles

Thanks to Golnaz, Larry and of course Kaitlin (our editor extraordinaire) for the incredible turn around time for ALL sessions. Amazing work, as always!
    C

• User profile image
    Proton2

I downloaded the Bjarne video, and it was garbled at the beginning and Media Player as well as the "Modern" video player could not play it properly.

VLC media player got through the rough part and I am now watching it. Why can VLC media player handle video with some garbled sections but the Microsoft software can't ?

(My computer doing this is a Surface Pro) (The video I downloaded was the high wmv)

• User profile image
    JoshRoss

The WMVs frequently have strange issues, rarely do I encounter MP4 issues.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.