Coffeehouse Thread

74 posts

Will there be a Build conference 2012?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • hchwa

Will MIX conference cancelled and the eve of Windows 8 beta release, I think there will be be a Build conference again in 2012.  The big question is when and where will it be... I hope the news on the conference will be announce soon and the registration will be open early. 

• JoshRoss

There were something like 250 sessions posted online. If Microsoft puts out another couple hundred more, my head will explode.

-Josh

• hchwa

I wish there is some kind of announcement soon so it can help me planning for my traning/conferenece budget I need for this year...

@JoshRoss:

You used to have to buy the PDC sessions on expensive DVDs for hundreds of dollars. Even after Channel 9 had been up for years.

The reason you can now access them for free is because Google made their sessions for Google I/O free and live streamed them. Before the days of Google there were no Express Editions of the dev tools either.

I won't be going to another Build, but I will be going to a lot of other dev conferences this coming year in the area and norcal.

• hchwa

Microsoft, still no announcement yet???

• DeathBy​VisualStudio

I'm glad they haven't announced it because it saves us all from the disappointment of having no agenda to base our attendance on. Smiley

• ESgarbi

I've heard rumors about another smaller PDC like the one in Redmond in 2010 but I don't remember  Microsoft announcing a PDC so late in the year before.

• Armaheadon

Once they (in late January) cancelled the MIX conference this year...MSFT said they would merge the MIX content into a "...major developer conference". Their goal was supposedly to limit the conference choices/commitments for many of the attendees. I do hope it ends up being on the larger size as I'd like to see the MIX stuff continue on. 

• hchwa

If there is going to be a Build or PDC type conference to promo WIndows 8 to the development community from Microsoft, I hope the announcement come out soon.  It is really hard to plan for budget when the event is hanging in the air while time if running out to register for a replacement conference so late in the year...  Come on Microosoft!!! Crying    

• hchwa

• hchwa

• hchwa

• hchwa

Opps.. I think I pressed Submit button too many times.  Sorry.

• cbae

, hchwa wrote

Opps.. I think I pressed Submit button too many times.  Sorry.

Ya think? LOL

• hchwa

With the announcement of the Microsoft Surface Tablet in LA, there is no word if there is going to be a Build conference (and the release date for Windows 8)....Sad  The waiting game continue.... Expressionless

• jb999

important question! I should plan my budget, too. Additional it's important to get the date because of planning flight and hotel! Hope that MS answered this question soon...

• ZippyV

, jb999 wrote

important question! I should plan my budget, too. Additional it's important to get the date because of planning flight and hotel! Hope that MS answered this question soon...

Don't count on it.

• spivonious

I did read a rumor somewhere that there will be a BUILD 2012 conference in the Fall.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.