Coffeehouse Thread

74 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Will there be a Build conference 2012?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    hchwa

Will MIX conference cancelled and the eve of Windows 8 beta release, I think there will be be a Build conference again in 2012.  The big question is when and where will it be... I hope the news on the conference will be announce soon and the registration will be open early. 

• User profile image
    JoshRoss

There were something like 250 sessions posted online. If Microsoft puts out another couple hundred more, my head will explode.

-Josh

• User profile image
    hchwa

I wish there is some kind of announcement soon so it can help me planning for my traning/conferenece budget I need for this year...

• User profile image

@JoshRoss:

You used to have to buy the PDC sessions on expensive DVDs for hundreds of dollars. Even after Channel 9 had been up for years.

The reason you can now access them for free is because Google made their sessions for Google I/O free and live streamed them. Before the days of Google there were no Express Editions of the dev tools either.

I won't be going to another Build, but I will be going to a lot of other dev conferences this coming year in the area and norcal.

• User profile image
    hchwa

Microsoft, still no announcement yet???

• User profile image
    DeathBy​VisualStudio

I'm glad they haven't announced it because it saves us all from the disappointment of having no agenda to base our attendance on. Smiley

• User profile image
    ESgarbi

I've heard rumors about another smaller PDC like the one in Redmond in 2010 but I don't remember  Microsoft announcing a PDC so late in the year before.

• User profile image
    Armaheadon

Once they (in late January) cancelled the MIX conference this year...MSFT said they would merge the MIX content into a "...major developer conference". Their goal was supposedly to limit the conference choices/commitments for many of the attendees. I do hope it ends up being on the larger size as I'd like to see the MIX stuff continue on. 

• User profile image
    hchwa

If there is going to be a Build or PDC type conference to promo WIndows 8 to the development community from Microsoft, I hope the announcement come out soon.  It is really hard to plan for budget when the event is hanging in the air while time if running out to register for a replacement conference so late in the year...  Come on Microosoft!!! Crying    

• User profile image
    hchwa

• User profile image
    hchwa

• User profile image
    hchwa

• User profile image
    hchwa

Opps.. I think I pressed Submit button too many times.  Sorry.

• User profile image
    cbae

, hchwa wrote

Opps.. I think I pressed Submit button too many times.  Sorry.

Ya think? LOL

• User profile image
    hchwa

With the announcement of the Microsoft Surface Tablet in LA, there is no word if there is going to be a Build conference (and the release date for Windows 8)....Sad  The waiting game continue.... Expressionless

• User profile image
    jb999

important question! I should plan my budget, too. Additional it's important to get the date because of planning flight and hotel! Hope that MS answered this question soon...

• User profile image
    ZippyV

, jb999 wrote

important question! I should plan my budget, too. Additional it's important to get the date because of planning flight and hotel! Hope that MS answered this question soon...

Don't count on it.

• User profile image
    spivonious

I did read a rumor somewhere that there will be a BUILD 2012 conference in the Fall.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.