Hello, this is a place to ask Win8 dumb questions. Me go first.
1) How to have "My Computer" back onto desktop, no a shortcut?
- 1) Right click on desktop | Personalize
- 2) Change desktop icons
2) How to activate the Window Bar on the Right using mouse? (I guess touch is swipe right out of screen? can we do that with a mouse?)
3) How to activate Metro Keyboard?
- Right click on taskbar and it is one of the toolbars.
4) How to close an app in Metro (especially the Labyrinth app because it plays music)?
- (touch) unknown
- (mouse) unknown
- (keyboard) alt+F4
- You can suspend the app by going to other apps, but, not a simple start button. Start button only display the main page without suspending the current app.
- Following Sad Screenshot.
5) Where is Metro Explore/MoviePlayer/Recycler? (Preview build only).
6) how do you shutdown Windows 8 as a desktop user?
- Hover the mouse where the Start menu used to be. Click settings. Way over on the other side of the screen, click Power. Click Shutdown.
- You can press your avatar in Metro, log off (NOT lock), then shutdown.
7) how to put a Metro tile onto desktop as shortcut?
- You can use Task Manager, App History, then Switch To. Still cannot make shortcut, also cannot open the source folder.
8) how to sign on to C9 and Live sites using different live ID?
9) how to launch directly to Desktop?
10) Metro app doesn't count as a process in the taskbar?
11) How to do Mango like App History, so we don't have to keep swiping?
Feel free to ask other dumb questions. The more we know, the more we can help people.