Dovella
  • User profile image
    CKurt

Not working in Belgium yet, website not updated

• User profile image
    Dovella
  • User profile image
    ManipUni

Let's hope they've fixed all the bugs. Offline messaging in Live Messenger, Live Sync's file deletion issues, and Windows Mail's crashes are particularly bad.

• User profile image
    CKurt

Offline messaging now has a different mechnisme but still works:http://callemin.be/blog/?p=282

Mail is indeed much better than the beta performance wise. Live Sync is now Live Mesh and I don't know for sure if the "delete files is disk is full"-bugg is fixed (but none of my drives are full)

• User profile image
    Bas

Still says "a new version is coming!" over here.

• User profile image
    CKurt

@Bas: This page has all the new links allready:http://explore.live.com/worldwide-downloads

• User profile image
    Bas

@CKurt: Thanks!

• User profile image
    magicalclick

I had horrible exprience with 2011 Mail Beta. I don't remember what, but, I hope I won't notice a thing.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    ManipUni

Anyone else notice that the webcam/audio configuration is gone from Live Messenger? I wonder if it still does the sound drop-out thing... I'll test it later.

Also, a big screw you to the Essentials team for this:
    Live Essentials installer ("recommended" junkware)

There is a special level of hell reserved for companies that abuse user's trust and diminish the "recommended" installation setting (shared by cinema talkers, people with annoying phone ring tones, and people who get on public transport without their change already in their hand).

• User profile image
    Rhapsody

Although I love the Live stuff it's very stupid indeed to recommend the installation of toolbar-crap.

+1 to the screw part from ManipUni!

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

I am not thrilled about the new messenger,...

Maybe it needs to grow on me,...

Other stuff seems fine, even installed the toolbar and safety, let's see how long it lasts.

• User profile image
    Proton2

Messenger seemed to think my TV tuner was a web cam when it first started up. After a few moments of trying to figure out what was going on, I clued in to what I was seeing, a tv show.

I clicked the 'decline' on the bing bar, then it went and uninstalled itself. I was not expecting this. Sure I got a prompt. Maybe I should have read it first before dismissing it. I will have to reinstall it at some future time.

I really like the sync favourites with ie. I was just thinking the other day how hard I found trying to sync a favourite to the web, now its automatic (I assume, I have'nt tested it yet).

• User profile image
    AndyC

@ManipUni:Yep, very annoying. Thankfully IE9 almost instantly counters it by pointing out they are crappy and slow down my browsing and instantly recommends I disable them. Isn't it time the Live team caught up with the real world?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

@Proton2: My wife just messaged from home that the TV-tuner was 'in use by another process' when she went into Media Centre -- looks like you're not the only one.

Herbie

• User profile image
    Bas

I can't say I'm feeling the new Messenger. The window with updates from social networks is confusing and there's a huge ad in it. Conversation windows now -also- have an ad banner. You can close the ad, but next time you open the window, it's back. I'm okay with a banner in the contact list, but in each conversation window? That's a dealbreaker for me. Also half my contacts now have their real name instead of their nickname in the contact list?

Also I still find the way messenger works with the Windows 7 taskbar cumbersome.

At least I like the animations when you open a window or somebody's online status changes.

Edit: looks like you can disable the conversation window ads with a setting in options.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.