Coffeehouse Thread

2 posts

ZenEyes 2012 ... My VS2010 theme. But importing to VS11 it gets screwed up

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    androidi

Based on the ZenBurn theme.

http://studiostyl.es/schemes/zeneyes-2012-medium-contrast

It gets a bit weird when I import to VS11. Sure it can be manually fixed but IMHO the import should work bit better for dark themes like this, currently it seems to force some white backgrounds there when importing. Eg. when selecting text there's always a bright white line that wasn't there for 2010?? The "dark theme" toolbars/menus are too high contrast to use with this unfortunately.

VS2010 zeneyes 2012

Note: this isn't adjusted for "tinted/sun glass uses" I recommend using them since LCD and CRT are emitting more than just what you see - otherwise wearing normal sunglasses would not help eye strain. I can still use this with sun glasses, but monitor brightness & contrast needs to be upped to compensate and you might want to do some tweaks depending on what tint your glasses are.

Edit: IDEALLY you have glasses without tint that block the bad stuff but I guess finding those isn't easy. "There is growing evidence implicating welding as a possible risk factor for uveal melanoma. The major culprit is high-energy blue light exposure (only UV-light is filtered by protective eyewear)" So just like you can have music with different levels, some music being more obnoxious that others, I believe this also applies to light. Some CCFL/black body LED etc emit light that feels unnatural to the eyes, but only if your eyes are already super sensitive you'd be able to tell "bad light" from natural light. For example, my Samsung Android phone has extremely bad backlight, I get eye-strain/tension from it within just minutes even if the backlight brightness at the lowest setting that's usable. The question isn't about people having medical conditions that make them more sensitive, but about display OEM's saving a buck in not researching properly how good/natural or bad spectrum/time (take PWM into account) emits. Bad backlight are like if you put on a loud PWM sound that zaps on and off, you'd get ear tinnitus quickly! I believe I'm getting "eye tinnitus" from many cheap backlights. Without some expensive equipment I can't study what exactly is going on though but I think this area needs more research and standards for backlights implemented into displays.

I think that as long as displays are made using invidual "RGB" elements instead of a single element that can emit all the colors, there's going to be this problem where our eyes get lots of exposure to the elements frequencies - you just can't focus on them enough as you are sitting far away but the single frequencies are still hitting you from different angles. It's like if you were listening to music with 3 different constant frequencies (@ freq's R,G,B) that are pulsating with PWM at high rate - I swear such would cause my tinnitus to get worse very quickly as my ears as even more sensitive than my eyes.

• User profile image
    JoshRoss

Five dozen jugs of liquor should do. Anyways, I find that when I am trying to examine a snippet of code, or god forbid something longer, someone will inevitably interrupt me every minute or two. This helps with the eye strain issues.

-Josh

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.