, SteveRichter wrote

*snip*

I do not follow. The allegation is that the private equity firm that owns hostess wants to give money to key employees out of some honor amoung thieves loyalty arrangement? Why not just accept the obvious. The owners need key people ( programmers? ) to stay with the company despite knowing they will be unemployed at a certain time in the near future

You believe the private equity firm plans to resurrect hostess as some other corporation?

And that these bonuses are for those key managers who will see the next corporation through?

Why can't they just resort to hiring bonuses through the next corporation?

Steve, I don't see it that way. I see this as a way for owners and their friends to grab as much cash as possible on the way out. Nothing chivalrous or generous about this when contrasted with the 18,000 unemployed getting zero. I consider it looting the company's assets and disdain for those who will get nothing but a job loss.

I'm not a fan of unions, but this is a strong armed approach and not a subject of valor or honor.

It will demonstrate yet again how the rich business owners are moving their jobs and factories to other countries for cheaper labor. Great. Welcome Mexican twinkies. And say hi to the 18,000 newly unemployed here in the USA. Will Mexican twinkies yield mad cow disease in the future? blah. It's junk food regardless.