@123tax: I have the Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop and the negatives outweigh the pluses for me:
- good shape (ergonomically and visually)
- nice key action and feel
- Media/Function key require a physical switch to select between -- getting sick of hitting F5 to refresh, but instead opening the search charm (stop, flip switch, press escape to dismiss search, press F5 again to refresh).
- Media/Function keys can get stuck down if not hit straight (key edge goes under the keyboard lip). Took me a while to figure out why my code kept trying to run whenever I hit any key.
- Occasionally misses key presses (not sure if it's me or the keyboard, but it's not a problem I have on other keyboards).
- Chews through batteries faster than other wireless keyboards I've owned (although this may be because it only takes AAA instead of the AA of other keyboards).
Conclusion : OK for light keyboard users, not good for developers/writers.