Site Feedback Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

posting a reply -- visual feedback issues

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    figuerres

Hi, I have noticed that often when I click "Add" that I see a long time before the page updates.

I do see the line at the bottom change to say "Saving..."  but most of the time I just see the page sit there .... till finaly it goes to shoing the throbber and then I know something is happening.

1)  when it starts to save the edit box should be disabled even if the rest of the page does not chnage (yet)
    2) the add button should disable or have a different visual stateto show me that the click was "seen"
    3) make that "Saving..." message larger, perhaps right above the "Add" and "Cancel" buttons asthe eye is where the button is so the user would be a lot more liklely to see that text.

sometimes the "Add" to "throbber" goes fast, other times it's very slow... I am sure this has to do witth server load and http trip times.
    so I think the 3 tings on this list would make it work better when that happens.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

1. We implemented this today actually (will ship soon)
    2. The add button actually is getting "disabled" (read: a css class is getting set on it to disabled) and you can't actually click on the button again, but for some reason the style change (just changes the text color to be grayed out) isn't getting picked up.  I'll look into it.
    3. Agreed.  We've heard this one before.  I just threw some text down there a long time ago to be able to tell that something was happening.  We'll address making it more in your face at some point.  This is just a "nice to have" feature though so it's low on our list.

• User profile image
    figuerres

HumanCompiler said:
    1. We implemented this today actually (will ship soon)
    2. The add button actually is getting "disabled" (read: a css class is getting set on it to disabled) and you can't actually click on the button again, but for some reason the style change (just changes the text color to be grayed out) isn't getting picked up.  I'll look into it.
    3. Agreed.  We've heard this one before.  I just threw some text down there a long time ago to be able to tell that something was happening.  We'll address making it more in your face at some point.  This is just a "nice to have" feature though so it's low on our list.
    thanks,

I know the AJAX stuff can be cool or  a pain or both at the same time :--)
    I have some stuff I have done that is not perfect. funny how somethings show up that are not as important and others don't work quite right ( message Vs. the button style ).

I kinda figured this stuff was known sumewhere but I did not have time to find it ....

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

figuerres said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*
    thanks,

I know the AJAX stuff can be cool or  a pain or both at the same time :--)
    I have some stuff I have done that is not perfect. funny how somethings show up that are not as important and others don't work quite right ( message Vs. the button style ).

I kinda figured this stuff was known sumewhere but I did not have time to find it ....
    No worries...thanks for providing feedback!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.