Site Feedback Thread

4 posts

Videos without ActiveX? Also text editor doesn't work?

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    Frank Hileman

Is it possible to download/watch videos without using activeX controls? At one point it was possible, and useful. Now I can't see anything.

Also I went to add a comment to a video and I could not type in the comment box. It was dead.

Thanks,
    Frank

PS: I see a "downloads" link next to videos. Clicking on it does nothing -- but I can see a javascript error on the web page.
  • User profile image
    Human​Compiler

Downloads is what you want.  It is supposed to show the list of downloads when you rollover it, but I guess it's not (for you anyway, seems to work fine for others).  What is the javascript error you're getting?

• User profile image
    Frank Hileman

HumanCompiler said:
    Downloads is what you want.  It is supposed to show the list of downloads when you rollover it, but I guess it's not (for you anyway, seems to work fine for others).  What is the javascript error you're getting?
    "Silverlight.ua.Browser" is null or not an object.

Looks like the silverlight javascript error then breaks everything.

To test this, use IE7 without silverlight installed.

Thanks,
    Frank

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

Frank Hileman said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*
    "Silverlight.ua.Browser" is null or not an object.

Looks like the silverlight javascript error then breaks everything.

To test this, use IE7 without silverlight installed.

Thanks,
    Frank
    We have a fix checked in for this now and you'll see it in our next deployment (either today or [more than likely] on Monday).  Thanks for finding this for us.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.