Site Feedback Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Good GUI Design Guidelines Papers

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    VB Man

I am going to be going on a rather long flight this weekend and need some good reading. Do you all know of any good GUI Design Guidelines (WinForms and/or .NET CF WinForms)?

Already have http://worrydream.com/MagicInk/ printed out ready to go.

TIA

Hmm , I can't post a reply? Here's what my reply should read :

That Vista UX pdf and the mark miller link is perfect. I downloaded about 8 shows from dnrTV. That is an excellent website!

I'm just going to have to carry my laptop with me so I can read some of the UX pdf. 768 pages is a bit too much to print Wink

• User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

Vista UX guide pdf, enough material for several flights.. Wink

• User profile image
    vesuvius

RoyalSchrubber's Vista one is more concentrated around OS development and is Vapid at the moment because Microsoft themselves have scarcely implemented it, i.e. practice what you preach. Before the flight or if you've an ipod/zune download DNRTV with Mark Miller who got me onto the essential  Edward Tufte ( pronounced without the 'e'). Mark will improve your pplication design forever in about 40 minutes by using simple but effective rules like, 'smallest effective difference' and cutting out 'noise'.

Once you're aware of these simple but effective principles, you will rearrange your applications.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

vesuvius said:
    RoyalSchrubber's Vista one is more concentrated around OS development and is Vapid at the moment because Microsoft themselves have scarcely implemented it, i.e. practice what you preach. Before the flight or if you've an ipod/zune download DNRTV with Mark Miller who got me onto the essential  Edward Tufte ( pronounced without the 'e'). Mark will improve your pplication design forever in about 40 minutes by using simple but effective rules like, 'smallest effective difference' and cutting out 'noise'.

Once you're aware of these simple but effective principles, you will rearrange your applications.
    Guide is simple. It contains just one word - "A MESS."
    No, really...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.