Site Feedback Thread

10 posts

Disappearing thread

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    Bas

http://channel9.msdn.com/forums/Coffeehouse/410264/

I don't see this thread showing up in the Coffeehouse, for some reason. I thought it was due to the thread hopping problem, but it doesn't show up in any of the other forums either.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

We've actually been looking into this problem today already.  We haven't found the problem yet, but what happens is for some reason, sometimes for some people, all tags are removed from the post (so it doesn't have a place to show up).  Forums are just tags in our system.  Will let you know what we find out.

• User profile image
    Minh

HumanCompiler said:
    We've actually been looking into this problem today already.  We haven't found the problem yet, but what happens is for some reason, sometimes for some people, all tags are removed from the post (so it doesn't have a place to show up).  Forums are just tags in our system.  Will let you know what we find out.
    It only happens when you edit the post (EditComment).

Also, your "render view generator" strips the "border" attribute from "table". When edit, it's there, just not there in render view.

• User profile image
    wisemx

Minh said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*

Also, your "render view generator" strips the "border" attribute from "table". When edit, it's there, just not there in render view.
    OK, I confess, took one of my magic green pills, hid on the server and tormented you guys. Smiley

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

Minh said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*

Yah, we actually fixed it in dev, but I don't believe the changes have been pushed out yet.

Thanks for reporting the table border thing.  Duncan can answer if that's by design or a bug.

Edit: Just saw Duncan's post talking about table borders.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Minh said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*

I've noticed too that threads disappear if you edit the initial post. I'm just curious: where do they go to? Is there some magical land of missing threads playing together? Are they kidnapped and sold abroad? Do they end up in Bolgia 8 of the eighth circle of Hell where the fraudulant advisors are encased in individual flames?

• User profile image
    vesuvius

TommyCarlier said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    I've noticed too that threads disappear if you edit the initial post. I'm just curious: where do they go to? Is there some magical land of missing threads playing together? Are they kidnapped and sold abroad? Do they end up in Bolgia 8 of the eighth circle of Hell where the fraudulant advisors are encased in individual flames?
    They remain (the posts) but its almost like an orphaned table in a database. Look at my last 2 Firefox posts. http://channel9.msdn.com/Niners/vesuvius/.

The links are both present but you cannot click on the links. I thought I was being censored by Channel 9 (only joking). I resolved to wait until other users had confronted the bug, and glad to see they have and something is being done. I won't go through the effort of posting until things like this are resolved. Posting can take a lot of time, only for the post to disappear.

Don't take me as a dissenter, I realise that software development takes time, and bugs need to be ironed out. I will be patient, well done for the 'cracking' work done thus far.

• User profile image
    wisemx

vesuvius said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*
    They remain (the posts) but its almost like an orphaned table in a database. Look at my last 2 Firefox posts. http://channel9.msdn.com/Niners/vesuvius/.

The links are both present but you cannot click on the links. I thought I was being censored by Channel 9 (only joking). I resolved to wait until other users had confronted the bug, and glad to see they have and something is being done. I won't go through the effort of posting until things like this are resolved. Posting can take a lot of time, only for the post to disappear.

Don't take me as a dissenter, I realise that software development takes time, and bugs need to be ironed out. I will be patient, well done for the 'cracking' work done thus far.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

vesuvius said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

Yah, until we get this fixed, just don't edit root posts.  Smiley  Sorry for the problems everyone.

• User profile image
    spivonious

HumanCompiler said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*
    Yah, until we get this fixed, just don't edit root posts.  Smiley  Sorry for the problems everyone.
    Now you tell me!  lol

Is there anyway to get my post back, or should I just post it again?  twas a very long post Sad

Perhaps disabling the Edit function would be a good idea until this is fixed.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.