Site Feedback Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Random compiler benchmarks

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    androidi

I visited this site that benchs various compilers. http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4sandbox/benchmark.php?test=partialsums&lang=all

However they don't show results for VS. But they do share the source to code.

Here are results from couple runs averaged for this particular (partialsums) test, not directly comparable to results from that site though! Performed on Core 2 Duo 2.77,512,4 under Vista 64. I took the code from the site and added perf counter code (below) around it.

all results from running inside same unelevated cmd prompt. (not from ide)

VC++ 2008 sp1 beta 32 bit native, default settings from win32 command line project (release b)
    ~1.00 sec

cl.exe
    ~0.93 s (weird thing, the build inside VS is slower)

with /clr inside VC++
    ~0.77 s

Intel C++ 10.1.021 , 32 bit compiler:
    ~0.52 s

Intel C++ 10.1.021 , 64 bit compiler:
    ~0.57 s

the variance for different runs was below 0.01 s

__int64 ctr1 = 0, ctr2 = 0, freq = 0;
     int acc = 0, i = 0;
     if (QueryPerformanceCounter((LARGE_INTEGER *)&ctr1)!= 0)
     {

... c++ intel #3  code from the site ... http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4sandbox/benchmark.php?test=partialsums&lang=icpp&id=3

QueryPerformanceCounter((LARGE_INTEGER *)&ctr2);
      QueryPerformanceFrequency((LARGE_INTEGER *)&freq);
      std::cout << "\n" << ((ctr2 - ctr1) * 1.0 / freq) << " time";
    }

• User profile image
    androidi

BTW. Why all my Coffeehouse posts still go to site feedback? Guess I need to try to see where the site feedback posts go Smiley

• User profile image
    androidi

androidi said:

BTW. Why all my Coffeehouse posts still go to site feedback? Guess I need to try to see where the site feedback posts go Smiley

below it says:

Forums
    > The Coffeehouse > Random compiler benchmarks

but if I go to coffeehouse or site feedback from the menu at the top it's clearly in feedback.

• User profile image
    littleguru

androidi said:
    androidi said:
    *snip*
    below it says:

Forums
    > The Coffeehouse > Random compiler benchmarks

but if I go to coffeehouse or site feedback from the menu at the top it's clearly in feedback.
    I first saw your post in the coffeehouse but now it appears to be in site feedback for me too, although it's showing up "coffeehouse" in the navigation thingy... strange. Did you edit the post or so?

• User profile image
    androidi

littleguru said:
    androidi said:
    *snip*
    I first saw your post in the coffeehouse but now it appears to be in site feedback for me too, although it's showing up "coffeehouse" in the navigation thingy... strange. Did you edit the post or so?
    Yeah looks like editing removes some invisible tags. Just read about it in other thread here.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

It shows in the Coffeehouse for me now.

EDIT: And now, it doesn't. Perplexed

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

grrrrrr...we "fixed" this bug and couldn't replicate it anymore in dev.  WTH?!?!  Perplexed

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

HumanCompiler said:
    grrrrrr...we "fixed" this bug and couldn't replicate it anymore in dev.  WTH?!?!  Perplexed
    It's the little men inside the c9 servers stealing and moving threads to annoy you Wink

• User profile image
    wisemx

HumanCompiler said:
    Erik you're doing a great job putting up with us bro.

When you lay down to sleep at night do the little sheep in your head look like 9'ers yet? Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.