Site Feedback Thread

9 posts

IE8b2 - Coffeehouse landing page stale version cached

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    sushovande

    hey - is it just me, or is IE8 beta 2 caching a stale version of the coffeehouse landing page? I am having to lick the ajax refresh button everytime to see new threads / update the read/unread status. This happens both when I type out the address in the address bar, as well as when I click Back to return to the coffeehouse main page.

  • User profile image
    wisemx

    I've noticed this consistantly across multiple sites in B2.
    For now F5/Ctrl+F5 are your friends.

  • User profile image
    Human​Compiler

    Not sure exactly where the IE team wants bug reports, but I would definitely look around and figure out where since it seems specific to IE8B2.

  • User profile image
    wisemx

    HumanCompiler said:
    Not sure exactly where the IE team wants bug reports, but I would definitely look around and figure out where since it seems specific to IE8B2.
    I'll report this on the Microsoft Connect IE8 Beta feedback.

  • User profile image
    dr.​gabemirkin

    wisemx said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*
    I'll report this on the Microsoft Connect IE8 Beta feedback.

    Actually, all the folders /do/ have passwords set up on them. Only thanks to "Automatic Authentication" the XP Pro computers automatically authenticate themselves... only they can't authenticate with Windows 98 so prompt you for the credentials manually.

    As I said, to protected a shared folder, just change the NTFS/WFS ACLs.

    ------------------
    Landing Page

  • User profile image
    jh71283

    dr.gabemirkin said:
    wisemx said:
    *snip*

    Actually, all the folders /do/ have passwords set up on them. Only thanks to "Automatic Authentication" the XP Pro computers automatically authenticate themselves... only they can't authenticate with Windows 98 so prompt you for the credentials manually.

    As I said, to protected a shared folder, just change the NTFS/WFS ACLs.

    ------------------
    Landing Page
    WTF?

  • User profile image
    wisemx

    jh71283 said:
    dr.gabemirkin said:
    *snip*
    WTF?
    Seems like another data cross post bug...maybe?

  • User profile image
    Duncanma

    dr.gabemirkin said:
    wisemx said:
    *snip*

    Actually, all the folders /do/ have passwords set up on them. Only thanks to "Automatic Authentication" the XP Pro computers automatically authenticate themselves... only they can't authenticate with Windows 98 so prompt you for the credentials manually.

    As I said, to protected a shared folder, just change the NTFS/WFS ACLs.

    ------------------
    Landing Page
    It is spam actually... seems like an automated system looking for posts with Landing Page in them.

  • User profile image
    wisemx

    Duncanma said:
    dr.gabemirkin said:
    *snip*
    It is spam actually... seems like an automated system looking for posts with Landing Page in them.
    Cool...
    Sorry for inferring it was a bug.

    I'll say it once more just for clarity...You guys rock! Big Smile

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.