Site Feedback Thread

10 posts

The Poll

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    evildictait​or

Why does the poll not have a "I'd rather that C9 worked on my PC rather than on my phone" option?

Seriously, fix C9 for browsers such as Chrome and Safari before you start making it work on phones, because more people access C9 through Chrome and Safari than access it through phones.

Priorities, people!

• User profile image
    Duncanma

In what way is C9 broken on Safari for you?

• User profile image
    Duncanma

Just posting a reply from Safari... curious to see if it is broken

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

Duncanma said:
    Just posting a reply from Safari... curious to see if it is broken
    I'm posting using Chrome, and the buttons in the editor don't work.

• User profile image
    Duncanma

evildictaitor said:
    Duncanma said:
    *snip*
    I'm posting using Chrome, and the buttons in the editor don't work.
    oh, ok I'll check that out. I thought you said it was broken in Safari (established browser), but I guess it is broken just in Chrome (new, barely beta browser). Silly me for running a poll about some future functionality when we might be broken in a browser that hadn't even been annouced or released when I put up the poll.

We didn't rush around trying to make the site work with IE8 Beta 1, and I don't expect to with Chrome either at this point.

If it works in Safari (it does) and not in Chrome, then doesn't that seem more like a bug with Chrome?

• User profile image
    Duncanma

Duncanma said:
    evildictaitor said:
    *snip*
    oh, ok I'll check that out. I thought you said it was broken in Safari (established browser), but I guess it is broken just in Chrome (new, barely beta browser). Silly me for running a poll about some future functionality when we might be broken in a browser that hadn't even been annouced or released when I put up the poll.

We didn't rush around trying to make the site work with IE8 Beta 1, and I don't expect to with Chrome either at this point.

If it works in Safari (it does) and not in Chrome, then doesn't that seem more like a bug with Chrome?
    this is from chrome

Suspect both issues with the produced HTML and the editor buttons

weird, buttons don't work... and lots of extra <div>s added. Telerik has a hotfix for Chrome though... need to see if it is compatible with the version we are running.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Duncanma said:
    evildictaitor said:
    *snip*

Duncan, I think you're right. The first beta of Chrome was released last week and is not stable enough to rely on. It also uses an older version of WebKit (the rendering engine it borrowed from Safari). I know you have better things to do with your time.

• User profile image
    jh71283

Duncanma said:
    evildictaitor said:
    *snip*

huh... somebody caught Duncan before his coffee...
    Smiley

• User profile image
    Duncanma

jh71283 said:
    Duncanma said:
    *snip*
    huh... somebody caught Duncan before his coffee...
    Smiley
    Smiley

Quite possibly true. I stand by my point though, getting mad at us for considering a future mobile version because we have a bug with a brand new beta browser isn't really reasonable

• User profile image
    jh71283

Duncanma said:
    jh71283 said:
    *snip*
    Smiley

Quite possibly true. I stand by my point though, getting mad at us for considering a future mobile version because we have a bug with a brand new beta browser isn't really reasonable
    I agree.  At my company, we commit the most cardinal of sins.... we actually publish our development roadmap.

Every time that is updated, it's only a matter of hours before we start getting flak for it, and how we have structured our 'priorities'

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.