Site Feedback Thread

6 posts

Feed crawler?

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    fxfp

    I've noticed that title page of my website started getting large amount of hits from something called channel9.msdn.com feed updater - what is that and how can I disable this?

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    It's exactly what it says it is--  it looks for RSS feeds and puts that data on your profile page.  Remove your web address from your profile if you don't want your site visited by it.

  • User profile image
    Human​Compiler

    Yah, what he said.

    Also though, by "large mount of hits", how many do you really mean and how often?

  • User profile image
    fxfp

    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    It's exactly what it says it is--  it looks for RSS feeds and puts that data on your profile page.  Remove your web address from your profile if you don't want your site visited by it.
    I see. Well, now I need to remember anything about my old profile...

  • User profile image
    fxfp

    HumanCompiler said:
    Yah, what he said.

    Also though, by "large mount of hits", how many do you really mean and how often?
    It checks the root page of my empty website every 15 minutes (sometimes faster). It is not much, but more often then any other spider I see.

  • User profile image
    Duncanma

    fxfp said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*
    It checks the root page of my empty website every 15 minutes (sometimes faster). It is not much, but more often then any other spider I see.
    It just can't accept the fact that you don't have an RSS feed and keeps checking back. I'll put it on my list to make it just accept the fact that you don't and leave you alone for longer intervals.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.