Site Feedback Thread

20 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

So are you going to explain the colours?

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    blowdart

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

No.  Smiley

• User profile image
    wisemx

HumanCompiler said:

No.  Smiley

Watching from across the street, safely. Big Smile

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

wisemx said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*
    Watching from across the street, safely. Big Smile
    I'm waiting for blowdart to reply so he'll see "the pattern".  Wink

Also, did you notice the nine guy on my posts?  Smiley

• User profile image
    wisemx

HumanCompiler said:
    wisemx said:
    *snip*

The answer was given on the C.H. just now and yes, the 9Guy is a very cool feature, nicely done. Big Smile

• User profile image
    blowdart

HumanCompiler said:
    wisemx said:
    *snip*

Is the name guy for you guys only, and ugly salmon for other MS staff?

(And you still haven't fixed the reply to bug *grin*)

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

blowdart said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*
    Is the name guy for you guys only, and ugly salmon for other MS staff?

(And you still haven't fixed the reply to bug *grin*)
    It's only for anyone in the "staff" role.  There is a "microsoft" role too we'll be showing soon too.  The coloring is for the thread or video/text post author.

Ha.  Funny.  Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

HumanCompiler said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    It's only for anyone in the "staff" role.  There is a "microsoft" role too we'll be showing soon too.  The coloring is for the thread or video/text post author.

Ha.  Funny.  Tongue Out
    You should make the first post blue also.  It would make the coloring more consistent and it would make it clearer that the post's author's posts are the ones that are being highlighted in blue.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

CannotResolveSymbol said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*
    You should make the first post blue also.  It would make the coloring more consistent and it would make it clearer that the post's author's posts are the ones that are being highlighted in blue.
    It originally was, but we decided against it.  For blog posts it doesn't make any sense to have the "first post" be colored so we thought we'd be consistent.  It was mostly a design choice.  Don't know which choice is the right one here.  There are arguments for both sides.  If the first post of every thread is colored, wouldn't that also make people wonder why their post is blue, but nobody else's is.  Toughy.

• User profile image
    Minh

HumanCompiler said:
    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    *snip*
    It originally was, but we decided against it.  For blog posts it doesn't make any sense to have the "first post" be colored so we thought we'd be consistent.  It was mostly a design choice.  Don't know which choice is the right one here.  There are arguments for both sides.  If the first post of every thread is colored, wouldn't that also make people wonder why their post is blue, but nobody else's is.  Toughy.
    Let it be known that I'm not all p!ss & vinegar (all the time). I do like the faded C9 guy in the post. Good call.

Now that you've picked yourself off the floor & back on your chair, what's the deal w/ the blue background?

edit: blue = author? It'd make sense if the post was a video to imply the author has some sort of authority. Why would I care that blowdart responded (no offense, blowdart, meant for any author)?

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

Minh said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*
    Let it be known that I'm not all p!ss & vinegar (all the time). I do like the faded C9 guy in the post. Good call.

Now that you've picked yourself off the floor & back on your chair, what's the deal w/ the blue background?

edit: blue = author? It'd make sense if the post was a video to imply the author has some sort of authority. Why would I care that blowdart responded (no offense, blowdart, meant for any author)?
    We put it out there to see what people think (for forum threads).  So far I've heard it both ways (think it's stupid vs. think it's useful).

• User profile image
    MasterPi

HumanCompiler said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    We put it out there to see what people think (for forum threads).  So far I've heard it both ways (think it's stupid vs. think it's useful).
    I suppose it makes it easier to catch post-and-run dudes.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

HumanCompiler said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    I see how this could be useful for blogs and videos but not forum threads.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

harumscarum said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*
    I see how this could be useful for blogs and videos but not forum threads.
    If we hear that enough, we'll remove it.  We're just experimenting.

• User profile image
    wisemx

HumanCompiler said:
    harumscarum said:
    *snip*
    I like it...Maybe one more PollDaddy. Big Smile

• User profile image
    jh71283

wisemx said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*
    I like it...Maybe one more PollDaddy. Big Smile
    Why are you calling Erik 'Daddy'?

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    blowdart

HumanCompiler said:
    harumscarum said:
    *snip*
    Please, remove it.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

HumanCompiler said:
    harumscarum said:
    *snip*
    The idea is good, but the implementation can be improved. Instead of making the background of the entire post blue-ish, you could use a more subtle method, like adding the text (Original author) beneath the author's name, or adding a subtle colored border around the author's avatar.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.