Site Feedback Thread

5 posts

Site should display movie play time (length) on page somewhere

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    Drew Noakes

I generally download a video in the morning to watch during my lunchbreak.  There's quite a range in length of films.  Many of them are too long for my lunch break.

It would be great to see the playing time of the movie on the information page somewhere.

It would also be good to have the filesize of the file that's going to be downloaded, perhaps as a tooltip over the download link.

Thanks for the site.

• User profile image
    Charles

Thanks for the feedback. Did you notice under the downloads that there are multiple bit rate files? So, you don't have to download the really big files, you could choose the MP4, for example. We will be showing length in the near future.
    C

• User profile image
    Drew Noakes

Charles said:
    Thanks for the feedback. Did you notice under the downloads that there are multiple bit rate files? So, you don't have to download the really big files, you could choose the MP4, for example. We will be showing length in the near future.
    C
    Yes I've seen the different versions of the files.  That's handy (I don't need high res usually) but my problem isn't download size, it's playing time.

Looking forward to having a standardised way of knowing how long each film runs for.  Thanks.

• User profile image
    Jonathan68

Drew Noakes said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*
    Yes I've seen the different versions of the files.  That's handy (I don't need high res usually) but my problem isn't download size, it's playing time.

Looking forward to having a standardised way of knowing how long each film runs for.  Thanks.
    Displaying the length of the movie is a great idea and something I have been wondering about as well.

• User profile image
    Duncanma

We've added this as an overlay over the thumbnail, if you hadn't already noticed Wink

Thanks for the bug report though, very good suggestion

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.