Site Feedback Thread

5 posts

Is there any channel9 content media center integration available? (10 foot UI)

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    Chris Richner

Since a few weeks I'm a proud consumer of an ION based HTPC running Windows 7 leveraging all those nice new freatures HomeGroup, DLNA ( Play To feature ) and everything works....

The only thing missing so far is a channel9 content 10 foot UI 7MC integration, where is it?

Is there any integration at all provided by channel9 or is it culture specific. Anyway, how can I choose which 7MC content provider I like to integrate nevertheless what Date and Time settings my system has?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Chris

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Nothing stops you from making a Channel 9 plugin for Media Center. If you make one, share it with the rest of us.

• User profile image
    Chris Richner

ZippyV said:

Nothing stops you from making a Channel 9 plugin for Media Center. If you make one, share it with the rest of us.

rofl...

Either one can consume extensive site API's or the content provider ( in this case the channel 9 team) has to provide a MC integration. Or at least a 10 foot UI like youtube is providing by calling youtube.com/xl

Chris

• User profile image
    Duncanma

Chris Richner said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*

rofl...

Either one can consume extensive site API's or the content provider ( in this case the channel 9 team) has to provide a MC integration. Or at least a 10 foot UI like youtube is providing by calling youtube.com/xl

Chris

I hadn't seen that YouTube feature before, very interesting idea. Assuming some dynamic changes, the same idea might make for a good touch screen UI as well

• User profile image
    Chris Richner

Duncanma said:
    Chris Richner said:
    *snip*

I hadn't seen that YouTube feature before, very interesting idea. Assuming some dynamic changes, the same idea might make for a good touch screen UI as well

yep, I really like my 7MC but I have to say that there aren't enough content providers for MC here in switzerland... for instance I'm willing to spend some money on a VOD service. There is no free service that is not tied to a service where you have to pay a montly fee and have to operate a set top box from the provider....

is it so hard to provide a VOD service for "everybody" having a fast IP based connection?

I'm also seeing the screenshots from the US media center where the "Sports" and the "Streaming TV" menu items are available... it's really a pain to start the 7MC with a country set to switzerland because nothing of this "cool stuff" is enabled for my country....

I can see where the Idea of 7MC is going, but I can't see any provider in switzerland seeing the same ;(

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.