Site Feedback Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Is there any channel9 content media center integration available? (10 foot UI)

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    Chris Richner

    Since a few weeks I'm a proud consumer of an ION based HTPC running Windows 7 leveraging all those nice new freatures HomeGroup, DLNA ( Play To feature ) and everything works....

     

    The only thing missing so far is a channel9 content 10 foot UI 7MC integration, where is it?

     

    Is there any integration at all provided by channel9 or is it culture specific. Anyway, how can I choose which 7MC content provider I like to integrate nevertheless what Date and Time settings my system has?

     

    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

     

    Chris

  • User profile image
    ZippyV

    Nothing stops you from making a Channel 9 plugin for Media Center. If you make one, share it with the rest of us.

  • User profile image
    Chris Richner

    ZippyV said:

    Nothing stops you from making a Channel 9 plugin for Media Center. If you make one, share it with the rest of us.

    rofl...

     

    Either one can consume extensive site API's or the content provider ( in this case the channel 9 team) has to provide a MC integration. Or at least a 10 foot UI like youtube is providing by calling youtube.com/xl

     

    Chris

  • User profile image
    Duncanma

    Chris Richner said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*

    rofl...

     

    Either one can consume extensive site API's or the content provider ( in this case the channel 9 team) has to provide a MC integration. Or at least a 10 foot UI like youtube is providing by calling youtube.com/xl

     

    Chris

    I hadn't seen that YouTube feature before, very interesting idea. Assuming some dynamic changes, the same idea might make for a good touch screen UI as well

  • User profile image
    Chris Richner

    Duncanma said:
    Chris Richner said:
    *snip*

    I hadn't seen that YouTube feature before, very interesting idea. Assuming some dynamic changes, the same idea might make for a good touch screen UI as well

    yep, I really like my 7MC but I have to say that there aren't enough content providers for MC here in switzerland... for instance I'm willing to spend some money on a VOD service. There is no free service that is not tied to a service where you have to pay a montly fee and have to operate a set top box from the provider....

     

    is it so hard to provide a VOD service for "everybody" having a fast IP based connection?

     

    I'm also seeing the screenshots from the US media center where the "Sports" and the "Streaming TV" menu items are available... it's really a pain to start the 7MC with a country set to switzerland because nothing of this "cool stuff" is enabled for my country....

     

    I can see where the Idea of 7MC is going, but I can't see any provider in switzerland seeing the same ;(

     

     

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.