Site Feedback Thread

8 posts

Usability & Feedback

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    exoteric

It's a bit dismaying to see few people vote (up or down) any videos. I suggest turning this

Generic Forum Image

into this

Generic Forum Image

And also

Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    CKurt

To late now Wink They are building the C9 revolution. But nice idea!

• User profile image
    exoteric

CKurt said:

To late now Wink They are building the C9 revolution. But nice idea!

It shouldn't be too late. This is a small change and who knows how long it will take until this whole Revolution 9 train hits the tracks? Smiley

• User profile image
    Duncanma

exoteric said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

It shouldn't be too late. This is a small change and who knows how long it will take until this whole Revolution 9 train hits the tracks? Smiley

Interesting idea... I wonder if it would help with the visibility of the share options as well?

• User profile image
    exoteric

Duncanma said:
    exoteric said:
    *snip*

Interesting idea... I wonder if it would help with the visibility of the share options as well?

I think it could. Of course one has to be careful of how one designs this to avoid clutter, but it should be doable. Maybe via a rotation of options; download options being fixed and sharing and ratings being on rotation (not via page refresh but via client scripting). And of course my first example looks a bit unbalanced, design-wise, in that it makes the left side over heavy but it was done in Paint in 5 mins.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Duncanma said:
    exoteric said:
    *snip*

It's weird that with so many views the amount of people voting for the videos is almost always zero. Can anonymous users vote too?

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

ZippyV said:
    Duncanma said:
    *snip*

It's weird that with so many views the amount of people voting for the videos is almost always zero. Can anonymous users vote too?

Currently, no, only logged in users can rate.

• User profile image
    exoteric

HumanCompiler said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*

Currently, no, only logged in users can rate.

I think you might want to enable this and keep these ratings separate from the niner ratings, meaning you just use them internally (not even showing them, only the the anonymous users). Although there may be a barrier because convention says that if you're not logged in, interaction options with a site become minimal.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.